Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP

Old October 2nd 05, 06:01 AM
Green Giant

Default Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Murray
Type MP-T and the Siemens Type QP circuit breakers? I've looked them
over and over till my eyes bugged out and for the life of me I can't
see what makes them different from each other. Is it something
internally? If so, what would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Green Giant

Old October 2nd 05, 03:05 PM
[email protected]

Green Giant wrote:
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Murray
Type MP-T and the Siemens Type QP circuit breakers? I've looked them
over and over till my eyes bugged out and for the life of me I can't
see what makes them different from each other. Is it something
internally? If so, what would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Green Giant

Greetings,

If you have brand x circuit breaker and put it in brand z box if it
fits it will probably function safely. HOWEVER, the NEC says that you
cannot do it because brand x breaker has not been tested to function in
brand z box and there might be an unknown problem. The two breakers
might be identical but you are SOL unless the breaker / box combo has
been tested. I do not know if Murry and Siemens have been tested for
compatibility.

Hope this helps,
William