DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123260-circuit-breakers-murray-type-mp-t-vs-siemens-type-qp.html)

Green Giant October 2nd 05 06:01 AM

Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Murray
Type MP-T and the Siemens Type QP circuit breakers? I've looked them
over and over till my eyes bugged out and for the life of me I can't
see what makes them different from each other. Is it something
internally? If so, what would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Green Giant

[email protected] October 2nd 05 03:05 PM

Green Giant wrote:
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the Murray
Type MP-T and the Siemens Type QP circuit breakers? I've looked them
over and over till my eyes bugged out and for the life of me I can't
see what makes them different from each other. Is it something
internally? If so, what would that be?

Thanks in advance.

Green Giant

Greetings,

If you have brand x circuit breaker and put it in brand z box if it
fits it will probably function safely. HOWEVER, the NEC says that you
cannot do it because brand x breaker has not been tested to function in
brand z box and there might be an unknown problem. The two breakers
might be identical but you are SOL unless the breaker / box combo has
been tested. I do not know if Murry and Siemens have been tested for
compatibility.

Hope this helps,
William

Sizzler June 5th 21 08:15 PM

Circuit Breakers: Murray Type MP-T vs. Siemens Type QP

No real difference, both made by Siemens in same factory. Siemens owns murry. You won't find literature stating interchangeable, but you will find that mp breakers are included in same combo packages with a Siemens qp load center.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...-qp-36496-.htm