Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Help Wanted, Burger King etc.

My area of Nebraska is mostly back to normal as far as
gathering limitations, restaurant seating etc.
The local Burger King has a sign on the door. It says the dining
room is closed due to lack of help. A couple other fast food places
have their dining rooms still closed too. No explanation.
Walmart and other retailers are looking for help here. So are seed
production companies and farm equipment dealers. There's no
reason for people not to work, at least in my little world.
The Nebraska governor is ending the special Covid benefits
so we'll maybe get an idea how much difference those benefits make
to people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2021 7:52 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
My area of Nebraska is mostly back to normal as far as
gathering limitations, restaurant seating etc.
The local Burger King has a sign on the door. It says the dining
room is closed due to lack of help. A couple other fast food places
have their dining rooms still closed too. No explanation.
Walmart and other retailers are looking for help here. So are seed
production companies and farm equipment dealers. There's no
reason for people not to work, at least in my little world.
The Nebraska governor is ending the special Covid benefits
so we'll maybe get an idea how much difference those benefits make
to people.

Copied this from neighbors Facebook page:

"We have so many job openings: Server, Bartender, Managers, Assistant PT
Managers, Sous Chef, Line Cook, Head Dancing Clown Coordinator (big
shoes to fill). Yep, so many jobs. Apply online."

That was back in April and this from May:

"Wait. Really? Overpayment of unemployment money is keeping people from
wanting to work? Nawwwwww. Gtfo"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 08:05:39 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 12:35:26 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

I hope their standards are a little higher than Walmart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 1:23:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:

wrote:

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

I hope their standards are a little higher than Walmart.

No idea. I only see the place as I drive by, on my way to the orange box
store.

Just imagine a beer joint with big boob waitresses in tight orange
shorts and crop tops.
If you live in a college town they can set the standards pretty high
and it is a good gig for a young girl. They can easily make a few
hundred a night delivering beer and wings to your table. One of our
daughter's friends managed to get out of college, with a masters,
debt free, working at Hooters.

So what happened next?

Did she stay on at Hooters or use her degree and take a cut in pay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

I hope their standards are a little higher than Walmart.

No idea. I only see the place as I drive by, on my way to the orange box
store.

Just imagine a beer joint with big boob waitresses in tight orange
shorts and crop tops.
If you live in a college town they can set the standards pretty high
and it is a good gig for a young girl. They can easily make a few
hundred a night delivering beer and wings to your table. One of our
daughter's friends managed to get out of college, with a masters,
debt free, working at Hooters.

So what happened next?

Did she stay on at Hooters or use her degree and take a cut in pay?

This calls for "The Rest of the Story" if anyone remembers
Paul Harvey news & commentary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

I hope their standards are a little higher than Walmart.

No idea. I only see the place as I drive by, on my way to the orange box
store.

Just imagine a beer joint with big boob waitresses in tight orange
shorts and crop tops.
If you live in a college town they can set the standards pretty high
and it is a good gig for a young girl. They can easily make a few
hundred a night delivering beer and wings to your table. One of our
daughter's friends managed to get out of college, with a masters,
debt free, working at Hooters.

So what happened next?

Did she stay on at Hooters or use her degree and take a cut in pay?

The same thing that happens with most people who have an advanced
degree. She got a job at the university teaching. Yes it was a pay
cut, at least for a while but around age 30, your future at Hooters is
very limited.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else

I hope their standards are a little higher than Walmart.

No idea. I only see the place as I drive by, on my way to the orange box
store.

Just imagine a beer joint with big boob waitresses in tight orange
shorts and crop tops.
If you live in a college town they can set the standards pretty high
and it is a good gig for a young girl. They can easily make a few
hundred a night delivering beer and wings to your table. One of our
daughter's friends managed to get out of college, with a masters,
debt free, working at Hooters.

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

Yup, old geezer...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

I had to look up *harpies* never heard of it...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie© writes:

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

I had to look up *harpies* never heard of it...

You missed out on a good education, then, if you weren't required
to read the Odyssey in school.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
Tekkie© writes:

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), posted for
all
of us to digest...

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

I had to look up *harpies* never heard of it...

You missed out on a good education, then, if you weren't required
to read the Odyssey in school.

Bull****. I wasn’t required to read that **** and know what harpies are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Our Hooters went tits up... Johnny Carino's took a dirt nap too. That
was replace by a Old Chicago Pizza. We'll see how that goes. I guess you
can't make it with boobs or bad Italian food here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/02/2021 03:44 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

I had to look up *harpies* never heard of it...

Not big on Greek mythology? They were real party animals. The first big
cheese, Uranus, was castrated by his son, Cronus. What goes around, Zeus
locked up his father, Cronus, in Tartrus, their version of hell. At
least Cronus got to keep his nuts. Finally we get to the Hounds of Zeus,
aka the Harpies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 22:45:55 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Not big on Greek mythology? They were real party animals. The first big

Oh, no! The senile blabbermouth is at it again...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 22:30:51 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Our Hooters went tits up... Johnny Carino's took a dirt nap too. That
was replace by a Old Chicago Pizza. We'll see how that goes. I guess you
can't make it with boobs or bad Italian food here.

Just what kind of an endlessly driveling and gossiping senile ASSHOLE are
you, lowbrowwoman? LMAO
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:28:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 22:45:55 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/02/2021 03:44 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 12:10:10 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

My God, the "womynists" in Ann Arbor would be all over Hooter's like an
invasion of harpies. Screaming, clawing, flapping about.

Too bad. I like their wings, oysters, and burgers. The slack-jawed
look on my husband's face is just a bonus.

I had to look up *harpies* never heard of it...

Not big on Greek mythology? They were real party animals. The first big
cheese, Uranus, was castrated by his son, Cronus. What goes around, Zeus
locked up his father, Cronus, in Tartrus, their version of hell. At
least Cronus got to keep his nuts. Finally we get to the Hounds of Zeus,
aka the Harpies.

Thanks for the Cliff notes course. I don't remember any Greek mythology, I sure
I had it but I theorize my synapses shorted out...

I always thought the reference to Harps was to people of Irish descent.

Well, I learned something today so does that mean I can put my brain in
neutral?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2021 12:18 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

No, the harp equivalent is a bean sÃ*.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:02:56 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

No, the harp equivalent is a bean sí.

You just LOVE to hear yourself talking, eh, senile twit? But why do OTHERS
have to listen to all your senile ****?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:02:56 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Ah, wonder where the harp reference came from in my mind (if one calls it
that)?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2021 02:00 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

https://drizly.com/beer/lager/pale-l...rp-lager/p4954

https://stairnaheireann.net/2020/06/16/the-irish-harp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9suTOPc6uI

I'm not sure what it has to do with Blackhawk Down.''

"The minstrel fell but the foreman's chain
could not bring his proud soul under
the harp he loved never spoke again
for he tore its chords asunder
He said, "No chains shall sully thee.
The soul of love and bravery
Thy songs were made for the pure and free
They shall never sound in slavery!"

It was written for the men who died in the 1798 struggle for freedom.
That one failed, but you have to keep on trying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:45:49 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://drizly.com/beer/lager/pale-l...rp-lager/p4954

https://stairnaheireann.net/2020/06/16/the-irish-harp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9suTOPc6uI

I'm not sure what it has to do with Blackhawk Down.''

"The minstrel fell but the foreman's chain
could not bring his proud soul under
the harp he loved never spoke again
for he tore its chords asunder
He said, "No chains shall sully thee.
The soul of love and bravery
Thy songs were made for the pure and free
They shall never sound in slavery!"

It was written for the men who died in the 1798 struggle for freedom.
That one failed, but you have to keep on trying.

WTF has all your sick senile **** got to do with ahr, you abnormal,
endlessly blathering, senile gossip?