Default considering coal fired heater

I am playing with the idea of using a coal fired heater with a
catalytic secondary but I do not have any Idea of the price of coal in
south ga. and if its price hase been going up like oil and natural
gas. Considering that there is no shortage and the US has plenty I am
hopeing that its price increase has not been so extreme
Anyone have any info or could you point me towards some info
Mike H

I've been looking to replace my oil fired hot water boiler with a coal fired
unit. Prices for anthracite coal here in south eastern Pennsylvania have
been quoted to me at $180 to $195 per ton, bulk and delivered to my home.
MikeH

uriah wrote in message ...
I am playing with the idea of using a coal fired heater with a
catalytic secondary but I do not have any Idea of the price of coal in
south ga. and if its price hase been going up like oil and natural
gas. Considering that there is no shortage and the US has plenty I am
hopeing that its price increase has not been so extreme
Anyone have any info or could you point me towards some info

Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike H" 1newsATstelliteDOTmailshellDOTcom wrote in message
I've been looking to replace my oil fired hot water boiler with a coal
fired unit. Prices for anthracite coal here in south eastern Pennsylvania
have been quoted to me at $180 to $195 per ton, bulk and delivered to my
home.
MikeH

Coal makes for a good heat. You just have to understand the workings of a
solid fuel setup and do some extra work.

Once a coal (or wood) fire is started, it can be kept going for the winter.
This is great in cold weather, but when you want to run the heat for just an
hour in mild weather, the coal is still burning even though you don't need
or want heat. For every ton of coal you burn, you have about 200 pounds of
ash to haul away. Some town regulate coal ash as it contains heavy metals.

A dual fuel setup would be more practical in milder weather.

It should be easy enough to check prices online, but I have my doubts
as to if you can get it that easily in GA.