Default Lawn Mower and thick smoke

Hi,

I recently bought a Lawnboy mower (walk behind) and have been using it
for 3 months. Couple of weeks ago, I slipped on an incline and fell
down but did not let go of the lawnmower. The mower was running when
it tilted to its side as I fell and thick dark grey smoke came out of
the side along with a burning smell.

I waited a few minutes, restarted the mower and finished mowing the
lawn. Last weekend, when mowing hte lawn again, I noticed that the
mower felt a litte rough.

Should I check something? Does something need to be changed? Change
oil maybe? I checked the oil level and it seemed OK.

Thanks
Raj

Such 4-stroke engines are not meant to be tilted much, or lots of oil
gets into the combustion chamber- I suspect via the crankcase breather.

This will leave deposits on the insulator of the spark plug, which will
be transformed by subsequent heating. I'll wager that if you give it an
hour or two of run-time as-is, then a new plug, the engine will run as
before.

You are most lucky to take such a tumble and not be struck by the
blade!

Tim Fischer

wrote in message
oups.com...
Such 4-stroke engines are not meant to be tilted much, or lots of oil
gets into the combustion chamber- I suspect via the crankcase breather.

This will leave deposits on the insulator of the spark plug, which will
be transformed by subsequent heating. I'll wager that if you give it an
hour or two of run-time as-is, then a new plug, the engine will run as
before.

You are most lucky to take such a tumble and not be struck by the
blade!

Do check the engine-oil level though!

-Tim

Thanks for the responses. I did check the oil level and it was fine.
I was worried about permanent damage to the engine.

Will change the oil just in case. I did change my shoes after the
incident :-)

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I did check the oil level and it was fine.
I was worried about permanent damage to the engine.

Will add more oil just in case. I did change my shoes after the
incident :-)

Thanks