Jim M

Default Poor Kohler Quality

I ordered a Kohler shower stall from Home Depot. It arrived with holes in
the fiber glass. I spent 2 days getting the plumbing ready then the
difficult task of moving it in the house to the bathroom . I returned it and
HD re-ordered another for me.

I don't blame HD.

The shower module was built really cheesey..made in Mexico. Sad for Kohler
really.

G Henslee

Jim M wrote:
I ordered a Kohler shower stall from Home Depot. It arrived with holes in
the fiber glass.

What's sad is Kohler even dealing in that plastic **** to begin with.
Andy Asberry

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:25:14 GMT, "Jim M"
wrote:

I ordered a Kohler shower stall from Home Depot. It arrived with holes in
the fiber glass. I spent 2 days getting the plumbing ready then the
difficult task of moving it in the house to the bathroom . I returned it and
HD re-ordered another for me.

I don't blame HD.

The shower module was built really cheesey..made in Mexico. Sad for Kohler
really.

I suppose this will be appear to be taking up for Kohler, but I don't
draw the same conclusions you did.

I just can't picture the last guy on the Kohler assembly line standing
there with a ball peen hammer knocking holes in shower stalls. I bet
the damage occurred in transit. Maybe Kohler warehouse, freight
company or Home Depot. We are assuming it wasn't you.

You say it is poor quality and say it was difficult to move into the
bathroom. Didn't you unbox it before bringing it in? Heavier
construction comes with a penalty; more weight. Would you have been
able to move it if it weighed twice as much?

You say it is really cheesey but you want another one! And you are
willing to wait. Again! Evidently, it is the quality/price you wanted.

I understand your frustration but damage is a little different than
something that doesn't work.
Amun

wrote:

[...]

Ever notice how most for the "complaints" here about various crappy
manufacturers selling damaged/defective items, are seem to share "I bought
this at at HD" ?

Could there be some connection ?
LOL

AMUN

Jim M

Didn't you unbox it before bringing it in?

Yes of course. It's VERY lightweight but wide and bulky. It was extremely
challenging getting thru the house, around corners and it into the bath.

I left 2 or 3 lath braces in place to keep the walls from bending until they
cracked. When the lath was removed the holes were discovered underneath.

The person working with me installed many shower modules. He commented on
the OVERALL flimsy construction. My old stall had 2X4's integrated in the
fiberglass floor. I should have kept it.