Default Environmentally Friendly alternatives to Freon

I'm doing some research on environmentally friendly alternatives
to Freon. I know that there's a "new freon" which is supposed to be
better for the environment, safer, etc.
However, I'm wondering what else is out there, the experiences of
people who have tried it, etc.
For example, by searching the internet, I came upon something
called "Enviro-Safe 22a". It's supposed to save electricity, and be
better for the environment.
Anyway, appreciate any info anyone might have.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing some research on environmentally friendly alternatives
to Freon. I know that there's a "new freon" which is supposed to be
better for the environment, safer, etc.
However, I'm wondering what else is out there, the experiences of
people who have tried it, etc.
For example, by searching the internet, I came upon something
called "Enviro-Safe 22a". It's supposed to save electricity, and be
better for the environment.
Anyway, appreciate any info anyone might have.

I have a difficult time taking you seriously. Do you even know what Freon
is? If you asked about R-12 or R-22, I'd think you did some basic research
but since you have not, this is not the place to start. Educate yourself on
existing refrigerants and come back then.

Greg O

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing some research on environmentally friendly alternatives
to Freon. I know that there's a "new freon" which is supposed to be
better for the environment, safer, etc.
However, I'm wondering what else is out there, the experiences of
people who have tried it, etc.
For example, by searching the internet, I came upon something
called "Enviro-Safe 22a". It's supposed to save electricity, and be
better for the environment.
Anyway, appreciate any info anyone might have.

For what use?
Different formulations for different applications.
For home AC use go with go old R22 or R410a. You really do not have many
options depending on equipment. Plus if you are in the USA you need to be
EPA certified to use pretty much all refrigerants.
Greg

SQLit

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing some research on environmentally friendly alternatives
to Freon. I know that there's a "new freon" which is supposed to be
better for the environment, safer, etc.
However, I'm wondering what else is out there, the experiences of
people who have tried it, etc.
For example, by searching the internet, I came upon something
called "Enviro-Safe 22a". It's supposed to save electricity, and be
better for the environment.
Anyway, appreciate any info anyone might have.

I have a difficult time taking you seriously. Do you even know what Freon
is? If you asked about R-12 or R-22, I'd think you did some basic

research
but since you have not, this is not the place to start. Educate yourself

on
existing refrigerants and come back then.

I was laughing hysterically on the saving electricity part.

lp13-30

Enviorosafe, Duracool, and a bunch of others are hydocarbon based.
Translation-- they are Butane/Propane. I have seen the claims of
drastically reduced electric consumption, and better gas mileage in the
case of auto a/c. I don't believe any of that, but I have Duracool n an
old Suburban and it has worked ok for several years. ( A friend bought
some for a car he was going to use it in, and sold the car without ever
messing with the a/c, and gave it to me. When I had to replace a leaking
hose on the Suburban, I had it and decided to give it a try.) Larry

Stormin Mormon

First, lets work on terms. Freon is a brand name. The product it sells is
called "refrigerant". Other brand names of refrigerants are Genetron, and
Isotron, and Forane.

Now, which refrigerant would you like to discuss? Before the EPA banned
certain ones, there were five which were in common use (not counting sulfur
dioxide, and ammonia). Some were banned, others restricted, and so on.

We really don't have any where near enough information to answer your
(vague) question.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.