Default Need Burner for Admiral Electric Range

I have an old, pre-1987 Admiral all-electric cooking range/oven. One of
the 2 larger burners on this 4-burner model need replacement. I checked
the model plate on the oven side door and it clearly says: ADMIRAL
Model 654WF-CVW, Serial No. 15C602190244. I went to the
www.repairclinic.com website which has a parts lookup function. It does
not recognize the model number although I am sure it is correct because
I copied it myself from the nameplate. Then I wrote an e-mail and they
didn't recognize it either, and they told me to call Maytag at
800-688-9920 and I was put on hold for 30 minutes and nobody ever came
to the phone, so I hung up.

I don't really know what the big deal is. This burner is just your
ordinary, plain looking circular coil burner with 2 prongs that you
insert into a socket underneath the range top. I believe its 8 inches
in diameter but I don't have it with me, but it is the larger burner on
the front right side of a 4-burner Admiral range.

Can anyone help me locate a replacement burner, perhaps from another
model that has the same diameter burner? Thanks a lot.

Amun

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Any particular reason why you have to buy this online ?

Just about every town has a hardware store or appliance repair who will
probably have these in stock new, and used, and can make sure by comparing
to your old one.

None of the stove makers actually make their own burners, unless you have
one of those solid glass/ceramic top units they just use generic coils and
might put their name on the plate at the center.

there are slightly different wattages, (regular, fast speed, simmer) but
these are always interchangeable.

AMUN