wekiva

Default Need user manual on 1997 Honeywell thermostat

I need to figure out how to change a setting on my 1997 Honeywell
thermostat. Currently it is set to always keep the temp at the current
setting. There should be a setting that allows the temp to go 1, 2 or 3
degrees above the current setting before turning the unit back on.
Presently my AC is running almost constantly because it needs to ALWAYS keep
the temp at 77.

Thanks

TURTLE

"wekiva" wrote in message
I need to figure out how to change a setting on my 1997 Honeywell thermostat.
Currently it is set to always keep the temp at the current setting. There
should be a setting that allows the temp to go 1, 2 or 3 degrees above the
current setting before turning the unit back on. Presently my AC is running
almost constantly because it needs to ALWAYS keep the temp at 77.

Thanks

This is Turtle.

First it would be nice to tell us what model number of the thermostat you have
so we can try to answer your question.

TURTLE

wekiva

First it would be nice to tell us what model number of the thermostat you
have so we can try to answer your question.

TURTLE

Good point.

Actually my main question should have been can anyone help me figure out how
to change the settings...and if that didn't happen then look for the manual.

The main problem (and reason I didn't include it) is because I have no idea
what the model number is. It's an old looking programmable Honeywall
thermostat that is rather large and rectangular. There is a small LCD
screen in the upper middle of the front face and the lower 2/3 of the front
face is a fold down cover that covers the buttons. On the inside of the flip
down panel are basic instruction printed on a piece of paper that have a
revision number in the lower bottom corner 97-3663 Rev. B. I took the
thermostat off and on the back of the unit is a number printed on the back
200905B and 9347. On the wall plate are the numbers 199459E and 9347. But
these seem to be printed during manufacturer and don't look like model
numbers.

That's all I got. Here is a photo of one that looks similar to ours...but
ours is tan

http://www.ontimemall.com/media/T8600D.jpg

mrkool

Is yours a Chronotherm II?

kool

wekiva

Thanks for the help. It does appear I have a Chronotherm II or III. I'm
heading of to work so haven't been able to study the attachment in
depth...but at first glance I didn't see a way to change the temperature
control to be more than 1degree. In the intro of the manual it says

"Temperature control program maintains temperature within 1degree F of
setpoint"

....well I don't need it to maintain 1 degree....2 or 3 is OK with me. So
I'll study it more this afternoon. Does anyone know offhand if the Chron II
or III can change that setting?

Thanks for the help.

TURTLE

"wekiva" wrote in message

[...]

Look up Honeywell.com and go to their search engine and look up the numbers you
have. You can start with a T-86 . Honeywell has a websiter that will give you
every installation intructions for every thermostat they have ever made. the
97-3663 rev. B look like a good number.

TURTLE

SQLit

"wekiva" wrote in message

Thanks for the help. It does appear I have a Chronotherm II or III. I'm
heading of to work so haven't been able to study the attachment in
depth...but at first glance I didn't see a way to change the temperature
control to be more than 1degree. In the intro of the manual it says

"Temperature control program maintains temperature within 1degree F of
setpoint"

...well I don't need it to maintain 1 degree....2 or 3 is OK with me. So
I'll study it more this afternoon. Does anyone know offhand if the Chron

II
or III can change that setting?

Thanks for the help.

Why would you want to change the setting? If the thermostat will hold plus
or minus 1 degree who cares? raise the set point. Screwing around with the
anticipator circuit in the stat will only give you head aches.

Wekiva

Why would you want to change the setting? If the thermostat will hold plus
or minus 1 degree who cares? raise the set point. Screwing around with
the
anticipator circuit in the stat will only give you head aches.

I had a thermostat installed a few years ago in another home that gave us
the option of 1, 2 or 3 degrees. The reason I like it is I find it too hot
to set the therm at 80 degrees...but setting it at 77 as the minimum and
letting it go up to 80 before going back down to 77 is a lot more tolerable.
I would think a range of 77 to 80 would save electricity and yet be cooler
than simply setting it at 80.