Mark

Default material similar to plastic chair mats to cover all carpet in my apartment

I want to cover all carpet in the apartment with something like "chair
mat". material.

Reason for that is that carpets accumulate a lot of dust and dust is
bad for asthma. The vacuuming does not help too much because it blows
the dust around the apartment, and this is exactly what makes asthma
real bad.

Anyway, option to replace a floor with wood or even linoleum does not
work because landlord does not allow alterations.

Plastic "chair mat" seems to be almost the right solution.
But the problem is that one plastic mat is very expensive. And I need a
lot.

Another problem, it will be real ugly.
Where can I find big sheets made from the same material?
How can I find a manufacturer of the material and buy it from them?
Can the regular consumer buy from the manufacturer?

Thanks.

subject: material similar to plastic chair mats to cover all carpet in
my living room

Mark wrote:
[...]

Greetings,

You want to pay to have your carpets replaced with hardwood floors and
your landlord turned you down? I think you must not have communicated
with him properly. If your apartment is say, 700 ft^3, and Home Depot
installs hardwood floors for $6/ft^2 go to see your landlord with
$4200.00 in $100's and a sheet of paper for him to sign stating that he
will call home depot and have them put in hardwood floors within the
next 30 days and that he has received the money. If he doesn't want
the hassle offer to deal with HD yourself. If he still turns you down
let me know. I dream about such a tenant.

William

Olaf

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Greetings,

You want to pay to have your carpets replaced with hardwood floors and
your landlord turned you down?

My rookie troll-o-meter was even pegged on that post.

Around $60 for a hepa-filter vacuum cleaner.... viola!