Default how to protect tractor rims from wheel weights scuffing?

Hi all,

I have a Cub Cadet 1864, which has some pretty standard 12" rims. I
recently bought a set of wheel weights on Ebay. The weights actually
came off a John Deere- I had checked in advance to make sure they fit.

Anyhow, I am almost done changing the color of the wheel weights from
JD green to CC white. My question is, what do some of you do to keep
your rims (as well as weights) from getting paint chips or scuffs from
the metal to metal contact where the two objects touch? My weights
will touch the outside part of the rim, not the inside where the rim
mounts on the hub.

I was thinking that I might try tying an old bicycle tube around the
wheel weight before installing in on the rims.

I'm putting a link to the ebay auction so you can get an idea of what
the wheel weights look like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks much,

David

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I never worried about the paint behind the wheel weights.

i enjoy usin', but i also like to keep my things lookin' nice and
lastin' long without rustin' up.

No, not quite talking about that. Hard to describe them. Trust me,
they are the proper size, but they aren't completely flat. I'll have
to take a picture to show.

Lead Wheel Weights warren Metalworking 41 May 31st 05 06:17 AM
Noob Lathe Q: Turning between centers B.B. Metalworking 53 March 10th 05 08:53 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
What is the proper tool/method Roger Hull Metalworking 36 April 26th 04 05:36 PM
Grinding Wheels Jamrelliot Metalworking 21 January 7th 04 05:39 PM