John Parker

Default Kenmore (Roper) repeated F2 code

Hello,

The oven is an electric Kenmore, Model 911.4018813, which is made by
Roper.

The oven repeatedly (like 10 times a day!) indicates an F2 fault code
and the beeping is driving me crazy.

When the oven does work it frequently gives an F3 code.

I checked the sensor, 1096 Ohms at room temp. All the wiring to the
control board tests good.

The clock and timer work fine.

We get frequent lightning and power outages.

From searching this group on Google I'm guessing the controller is
bad.

Is there any other test I can do? (I can get any kind of test
instrument)

Is it worth it to replace the controller or should I get a new oven?

Thanks
Appliance Repair Aid

John Parker wrote:
Hello,

The oven is an electric Kenmore, Model 911.4018813, which is made by
Roper.

The oven repeatedly (like 10 times a day!) indicates an F2 fault code
and the beeping is driving me crazy.

When the oven does work it frequently gives an F3 code.

I checked the sensor, 1096 Ohms at room temp. All the wiring to the
control board tests good.

The clock and timer work fine.

We get frequent lightning and power outages.

From searching this group on Google I'm guessing the controller is
bad.

Is there any other test I can do? (I can get any kind of test
instrument)

Is it worth it to replace the controller or should I get a new oven?

Thanks

Hi,

I checked the sensor, 1096 Ohms at room temp. All the wiring to the
control board tests good.

The sensor can sometimes "wig out" when hot

911.######## is Roper built Kenmore with GE parts.

F2 - E0 Oven temp too high
1=2E Test operation of door lock on self-clean models
2=2E Test relay contact operation
3=2E High resistance in oven temperature sensor
F3 Open oven temperature sensor or thermal fuse, bad oven temperature
sensor harness, or oven temperature sensor resistance too high Replace
oven temperature sensor or thermal fuse

F3 Oven temperature sensor opened Measure oven temperature sensor
resistance, should be1100 ohms. If not, replace sensor
F2 Oven temperature sensor shorted Replace oven temperature sensor
F3 Oven too hot Replace oven temperature sensor

F2 Bake/Clean temperature runaway alarm
1=2E Allow unit to sit for one hour to cool down
2=2E Place oven temperature sensor in a glass of ice water
3=2E Measure oven temperature sensor resistance. The oven temperature
sensor should measure about 1000 ohms while in the ice water
=B7 If the oven temperature sensor is good but the problem remains
replace the electronic range control (ERC)
=B7 If the oven temperature sensor is bad, replace it

F3 Oven temperature sensor circuit open Verify the oven temperature
sensor wiring harness is OK, if so, replace the oven temperature
sensor.

Above are some F2 and F3 codes for Roper....which are never written in
stone :/

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...153&N=3D252618
Oven sensor assembly.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral...153&N=3D530184