Jane Doe

Default Motion detector lights aren't staying on

I had two, double-bulb motion detector lights installed about 10-11
years ago; I don't know their brand. They're the kind that you can make
stay on by turning them on [via the lightswitch inside], letting them
warm up for a few seconds, and then turning the lightswitch off and
right back on. If you don't do that, but just turn it on once, they'll
remain off unless the motion detector senses something.

Okay, here's the problem: The motion detection is working fine on both
of them, but the 'staying on' thing is no longer working.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems logical [to me] that
it's NOT a sensor problem. If that's correct...what is the problem?
Any input will be greatly appreciated!
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jane Doe" wrote in message

Okay, here's the problem: The motion detection is working fine on both of
them, but the 'staying on' thing is no longer working.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems logical [to me] that it's
NOT a sensor problem. If that's correct...what is the problem? Any input
will be greatly appreciated!

Something is broke. A new one is about 15 bucks, so just replace it.

Thee is a timer in the circuit that tells the lights how long to stay on.
Most have some adjustability. try a different setting and if it does not
work, head to the store for a new one.

Harry K

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Jane Doe" wrote in message

Okay, here's the problem: The motion detection is working fine on both of
them, but the 'staying on' thing is no longer working.

I have no idea what the problem is, but it seems logical [to me] that it's
NOT a sensor problem. If that's correct...what is the problem? Any input
will be greatly appreciated!

Something is broke. A new one is about 15 bucks, so just replace it.

Thee is a timer in the circuit that tells the lights how long to stay on.
Most have some adjustability. try a different setting and if it does not
work, head to the store for a new one.

Yep, for the minimal cost it just isn't worth screwing around trying to
fix what is most likely a 'chip' problem and non-fixable anyhow.

Harry K