Hash

Default Service Panel Replacement

How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service
panel. Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and
model?

Thanks
Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Hash" wrote in message
How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service panel.
Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and model?

Thanks

AS a reference, the cheap stuff here goes for about $1300 with permits and
inspections, so in Philly, that sounds about right..

SQLit

"Hash" wrote in message
How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service
panel. Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and
model?

Thanks

You do not mention the size (amps) or the service location
(overhead/underground).

All of the OEMs sold in the states are about equal except for the color of
gray paint.

You had better check with your authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) and the
serving utility. They will have rules and rags that you will have to follow.
You might need more wiring upgrades than the service.

Percival P. Cassidy

I was advised to stay well clear of the Square-D "HomeLine" series, with
the additional comment: "They should be ashamed to put their name on
it." This from an employee of a store that was discontinuing the
Square-D QO series in favor of the HomeLine series.

Perce

On 08/02/05 01:05 pm Hash tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service
panel. Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and
model?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Hash" wrote in message
How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service panel.
Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and model?

Seems high to me. When I lived in Philly I had a new panel, breakers, new
wire from the PE lines, had a couple of receptacles installed and it cost
about $200.

Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Hash" wrote in message
How much does it cost to get a main service panel replaced? The guy here
in Philadelphia, PA is asking $1600 for a 30 breaker slot, service panel.
Is that a fair price? And what is a good service panel brand and model?

Seems high to me. When I lived in Philly I had a new panel, breakers,
new wire from the PE lines, had a couple of receptacles installed and it
cost about $200.

What year was that man?
Seriously, the permits here are almost that and we are in hillbilyville

Edwin Pawlowski

"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote in message
Seems high to me. When I lived in Philly I had a new panel, breakers,
new wire from the PE lines, had a couple of receptacles installed and it
cost about $200.

What year was that man?
Seriously, the permits here are almost that and we are in hillbilyville

1966. Do you think prices have gone up much since then?

$1600 sounds reasonable to me. Call around. I got over the phone
quotes of about $1000 for a smaller panel in Baltimore.