cost of single treatment for carpenter ants?

Old July 29th 05, 05:45 PM
Jonathan Joseph

Default cost of single treatment for carpenter ants?

We had an exterminator out to treat our house for a carpenter ant
problem. I'm a bit leery about the exterminator we used, but it's been
a banner summer for insect troubles and he was the only one that called
back.

What should be the cost or cost range (roughly) of a single treatment
(spraying outside, baiting inside) for a modest sized house (2000 sq
ft.)? We live in upstate NY.

Thanks.

-J

PS. I am fully aware of the ramifications of having a carpenter ant
problem.
Old July 29th 05, 07:44 PM
[email protected]

Probably too much. Shotgun approach is expensive, and often
contaminates dog, cats, kids.

DAGS on this. Many have studied carpenter ants. I was fortunate to
tap some results a few years ago.

Over-simplified: they make their nests in moistened/rotting wood,
typically outdoors, and forage in your house for whatever dietary
delight excites them at the moment. If you track them back to their
nest entry, and apply appropriate substance(s) there, they will become
dead. Removing/repairing damaged woodwork helps, too.

Mine are now gone. It took a couple $ worth of moderate nasties, and
an hour or two of effort tracking them. Before that, I could hear them
marching.

It's your $,