SQLit

Default Source for discontinued Armstrong ceiling tile?

"Peder" wrote in message ...
Hi. I have an older Armstrong residential ceiling and I'm looking for a
box of their Rockcastle tile, #945. Contacting Armstrong and a local
distributor have it as a discontinued item. Anyone have a hint where I
might find some NOS? Thanks for reading.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid

The answers you go should have given you a clue to what you need to do. If
the tile was discontinued more than 2 years ago then you need to consider a
new ceiling. If less than two years then you need contact the local
distributor and make a deal with them first. The have them furnish all of
the phone numbers and contact information to all of the other distributors
in the country................... let your fingers do the walking.
Sure is not going to be easy..

I had the same problem with some tile that I bought. A couple of boxes were
broken upon opening the boxes. I needed 12 pieces to finish. I got a hold
of all the places that sold the tile and told them I would buy all that they
had. I found 15 tiles in 3 places. One was a 4 hour drive from my home. Took
me several weeks. I was considering starting over. Tile was not all that
expensive in fact most stores sold it to me at less than I paid for it new.

Luck of the Irish to you

Cutting hole in INCREDIBLY HARD ceramic tile GeekBoy Home Repair 12 June 14th 04 10:22 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Ceramic tile over ceramic tile Don Home Ownership 1 November 23rd 03 06:34 AM
Painting of ceiling... Marcus Fox UK diy 2 November 7th 03 07:15 PM
Another Tile Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 7 August 1st 03 01:30 AM