Chambers

Default Set toilet on unleveled concrete floor

Hi,

I need to set a toilet on an unleveled concrete floor. Currently, I am
considering setting it on a dry sand concrete mix.

Please give me your advice on this project.

Thanks

SQLit

"Chambers" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to set a toilet on an unleveled concrete floor. Currently, I am
considering setting it on a dry sand concrete mix.

Please give me your advice on this project.

Thanks

Dry sand and concrete will only work if it is contained. Dry pack is what
we called it.

A floor leveling compound would be a better choice in my mind.

Jeff Wisnia

Chambers wrote:

Hi,

I need to set a toilet on an unleveled concrete floor. Currently, I am
considering setting it on a dry sand concrete mix.

Please give me your advice on this project.

Thanks

There are shims sold specifically for leveling toilets. Even Ace
Hardware has 'em:

http://tinyurl.com/7asrk

I'd use those to level the bowl, then push something like tile grout or
"Rockite" cement into any gaps between the base and the floor.

Probably best to locate where the shims are needed and maybe sticking
them to the floor with some adhesive before finally placing in the wax
ring and lowering the bowl into place.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia