Tom

Default Septic Pump not Pumping

I just had my septic tank pumped and it less then 1 week the septic
pump stopped working. I opened the pump chanber and turned on manually
the pump - I can hear the humming of the pump but the water level is
not changing.

Any suggestions of what is causing this? Does the pump need priming
somehow? Or it got jammed?

Tom

Oscar_Lives

"Tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just had my septic tank pumped and it less then 1 week the septic
pump stopped working. I opened the pump chanber and turned on manually
the pump - I can hear the humming of the pump but the water level is
not changing.

Any suggestions of what is causing this? Does the pump need priming
somehow? Or it got jammed?

Tom

There is probably some **** down in there.

Tom

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just had my septic tank pumped and it less then 1 week the septic
pump stopped working. I opened the pump chanber and turned on manually
the pump - I can hear the humming of the pump but the water level is
not changing.

Any suggestions of what is causing this? Does the pump need priming
somehow? Or it got jammed?

Tom

There is probably some **** down in there.

Thank you for the responses. I took the pump out, inspected then put it
back and now it works. Not sure what it was.

I'm wondering if it was some air on the discharge pipe causing the
problem. I heard that some installers drill a small hole on the side of
the discharge pipe to allow it to drain after each pumping. I'm
wondering if that would have helped to have.