Default water dripping into the a/c drip pan

Quick question.

Is is ok for water to be dripping from the evaporator coil to the a/c
drip pan?

I have 2 A/C units in my house and one now has water in the drip pan
that flows through an over flow pipe through the facia on my house.
The other A/C unit never does this.

I have lived in the house for two years and have never seen this
before. Should I be concerned? Is something wrong?

The filters are new.

m Ransley

Id go with hvamedic and see if a line is clogged, for my unit the
outside lower tray is a secondary saftey, the inside could be wet,
actualy adding humidity and causing rust if water is pooling and not
quickly draining

All in One Service and Repair

it is very normal, basacly, if they "arnrt" dripping i would be conserned.
the heat from your house is sucked over the coils making them "sweat" right
at the frezing but not solid state, hence, condinsation.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Quick question.

Is is ok for water to be dripping from the evaporator coil to the a/c
drip pan?

I have 2 A/C units in my house and one now has water in the drip pan
that flows through an over flow pipe through the facia on my house.
The other A/C unit never does this.

I have lived in the house for two years and have never seen this
before. Should I be concerned? Is something wrong?

The filters are new.

DB

The drip pan has been dry for more than two years. Water from the a/c
normally flows directly though the waste water system in my house.
Water dripping from a different pipe into the large drip pan under the
unit is a new thing.

Can I unclog the primary myself or do I need to get someone in to take
a look.

I am mostly concerned about the puddle accumulating right outside my
back door which is getting quite big now.

A/C is only 4 years old so is not junk

m Ransley

It is probably clogged with mold, compressed air should blow it out or
run soe wire through it and pour in bleach, as I understand it water is
catching in the saftey tray not draining through the unit automaticly

DB

that was it! Thank you all. the overflow was clogged - I unclogged
using a pump! No more dripping water outside my house.

Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 26th 05 12:34 AM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 02:57 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 10:59 PM