Bill Green

Default home maintenance depression

wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the AC
is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

the $12,000 roof I had put on 2 years ago has a leak over the back porch.

the reason I know the roof leaks over the porch is because the AC condensate
drain that should be running only in emergency runs all the time and pointed
out the leak in the porch roof to us.

now I get to tear out the plywood ceiling I paid the roofers an extra $500
to put in so I can clean up the wet mess up there.

Anybody got a match?

John Willis

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:52:57 GMT, "Bill Green"
scribbled this interesting note:

wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the AC
is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

The installers might not, but I bet you could...if you take the time
they won't take and figure out the problem...

the $12,000 roof I had put on 2 years ago has a leak over the back porch.

No reason for a roof to leak. Call them back out and make them fix it.
It should still be under their labor warranty. Being in that business,
I wouldn't take anything other than "We'll be right there to take a
look and fix it for you" from them.

the reason I know the roof leaks over the porch is because the AC condensate
drain that should be running only in emergency runs all the time and pointed
out the leak in the porch roof to us.

Get your HVAC fellow back out. Your primary drain must be stopped up
with dust, mold, or other debris. I've seen times where what a
customer of ours thought was a roof leak was actually an air
conditioning problem...

now I get to tear out the plywood ceiling I paid the roofers an extra $500
to put in so I can clean up the wet mess up there.

Anybody got a match?

Just be sure to dry it out first!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Bill Green

Thank you for the pep talk John. I was just feeling very despondent over
this mess.

Perhaps I will call the roofers and speak with them. My wife told me it's a
waste of time. On the other hand she's up in arms over the hvac guys, I
don't understand the difference.

Thank you.

"John Willis" wrote in message
[...]

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Anybody got a match?

I can do ya one better:

House with extensive rot problems, septic problems, electrical problems,
illegal structure built on top of flat roof that leaks. Roof collapsed in
multiple areas. No renovation contractor will touch the place. So I have to
do the repairs myself, little by little. Essentially, surgically demolishing
the whole upstairs, one room at a time and rebuilding it one wall section at
a time. Lots of scaffolding, lots of sweat, lots of effort to not look at
the whole problem and just shoot myself because it's too much for one man to
deal with.

You think you got problems? :-)

MUADIB®

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 02:11:07 GMT, "Bill Green" wrote:

Thank you for the pep talk John. I was just feeling very despondent over
this mess.

Perhaps I will call the roofers and speak with them. My wife told me it's a
waste of time. On the other hand she's up in arms over the hvac guys, I
don't understand the difference.

I do,...............She's a Girl person...............That should
explain everything.('cept the water damage)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

If A Quiz is Quizical,
What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been
cancelled due to a conflict.

Brian

Bill Green wrote:
wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the AC
is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

Bologna!

the $12,000 roof I had put on 2 years ago has a leak over the back porch.

the reason I know the roof leaks over the porch is because the AC condensate
drain that should be running only in emergency runs all the time and pointed
out the leak in the porch roof to us.

Born yesterday? So you think that tiny stream of water draining to the
roof
for 2 hours /day for 3 month will cause a leak on say 20 year shingles?

1) Get HVAC ( or DIY ) to clear primary drain.
2) Get HVAC guy to fix ductwork so it doesn't whistles
3) Get roofing guy to fix roof.
4) Contact attny.

Tim Fischer

"Bill Green" wrote in message
. ..
wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the

AC
is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

Am I really out of it, or is $16K really, really expensive for a new HVAC?

I need one installed Any Year Now (mine's a 25 year old Lennox) and was
under the impression that I could do so for maybe $2-$3K...

-Tim

G Henslee

Bill Green ****ed, moaned, cried, bawled, squawled, when he posted this
tripe:
wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when the AC
is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

the $12,000 roof I had put on 2 years ago has a leak over the back porch.

Anybody got a match?

You're full of ****. Oh, a match? yes. Your face and my ass...
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 06 Jul 2005 10:32:12p, Tim Fischer wrote in alt.home.repair:

"Bill Green" wrote in message
. ..
wow, this is a trip:

the $16,000 hvac system I had put in 2 years ago whistles loudly when
the AC is on. The installers can't do anything about it.

Am I really out of it, or is $16K really, really expensive for a new
HVAC?

Not for an 18,000 sq ft house.

I need one installed Any Year Now (mine's a 25 year old Lennox) and was
under the impression that I could do so for maybe $2-$3K...

-Tim

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-0, 07/04/2005
Tested on: 7/6/2005 11:20:37 PM

cowboy

now I get to tear out the plywood ceiling I paid the roofers an extra $500
to put in so I can clean up the wet mess up there.

Anybody got a match?

this should cheer you up:
http://tinyurl.com/6a4bq

Bill Green

Am I really out of it, or is $16K really, really expensive for a new HVAC?

I need one installed Any Year Now (mine's a 25 year old Lennox) and was
under the impression that I could do so for maybe $2-$3K...

-Tim

$16,000 included new two stage furnace with variable speed blower, 18 SEER
AC condensor and compressor, two zoning systems with controls and
thermostats, electronic air cleaner, and all new galvanized metal ducts.