Default Moss/Mildew Cleaning 50 yr old brick.

I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

Start with a power washer.

Main Man

watch mortar with pressure washer; Good old Jeyes fluid is good at
killing moss, but thanks to the EC can no longer state so on the tin!

m Ransley

Use bleach first, a garden sprayer makes it easy, bleach will kill mold
acid wont. If you want it cleaner a mild scrubing or powerwasher will
do. If you still want it cleaner then muriatic acid and a powerwash.
after it is clean regular spraying with bleach will keep off the mold.

You might want to check the BIA (Brick Industry) web site.
The Tech Notes have a lot of info.
TB

TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a patio that hasn't been maintained. The bricks on one side are
discolered with a moss/midldew.

solutions? Anything better out now adays?

C_Kubie

This is Turtle.

Bleach + Hand Sprayer = Mildew gone.

TURTLE

Brick Cleaning John Stockalis Home Repair 8 May 28th 06 02:31 PM
Brick Cleaning (follow-up) Belial Black Home Repair 3 June 4th 05 04:15 PM
Brick Cleaning Belial Black Home Repair 5 May 25th 05 06:15 PM
Cleaning paint off brick Nat UK diy 1 June 7th 04 02:08 PM
BRICK CLEANING John Stockalis Home Repair 4 November 24th 03 01:57 PM