JeepIn

Default Need wiring help with a Sears Garage Door Opener

My firned just bought a house that has a Sears Garage Door Opener, 1/4
hp circa 1990, and the remote or door button doesn't work. THe former
owner said they've "never worked". It has the two sensors at the door
opening but only one lights. I programed a remote for it but it just
makes the light blink, as if the garage door was suddenly stopped. It
has three terminals on the back, Red, Black and White. The wiring looks
a MESS and I think that's at least part of the problem. Is the wiring
diagram for this avaialable online anywhere or can someone look in an
owners manual for me and give me something to take a stab at? Thanks.

Do you have a model number?

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com

JeepIn

No, not in front of me at the moment...sorry. I just know it used the
green "learn" button, was 1/4 hp chain drive and had the 2 "saftey"
sensors at the door.

Ok, I have most of the manuals in pdf form (they used to be on their
website, but I believe they removed them since I can't find them on the
site anymore). I can email one to you this evening as an attachment if
you like.

Doordoc

From looking at a manual they have the terminals numbered 1,2, & 3. I
believee red is 1, white is 2, & black is 3, but anyways the back of
the push button should have the terminals marked w/ the same
colors/numbers. So whatever color wire is hooked to red on push button
hook to red on operator, same for the white terminal. The photo-cells
each have 2 wires, one is white & one is white w/ black stripe. Put the
white wires on the white terminal & the white/black wires on the black
terminal. When you are done there would be 1 wire on red, 3 wires on
white, & 2 wires on black. Hope that helps!

Doordoc