RicodJour

Default Gluing mirror to concrete outdoors

Don Mosley wrote:
Which glue would be best for this outdoors?
Plenty will stick it but I'm worried on cheap mirror it will eat the silvering
off the back.
This is mirror tile on cinder block then I'm putting old wood window frames on
top. Spruce the wall up a bit. With trees in front it looks pretty cool.

Mirror mastic. Comes in cans and caulking tubes. Make sure you do a
good job of sealing the edges of that frame to protect it from
moisture. You also may want to coat the edges of the mirror to keep
moisture from working its way in and tarnishing the silvering.

Philip Lewis

"RicodJour" writes:
Don Mosley wrote:
Which glue would be best for this outdoors?

Mirror mastic. Comes in cans and caulking tubes. Make sure you do a

yup.. seal the back well.. we have a really old mirror on a vanity in
the bathroom... the best preserved surface is the part with splashes
of paint on the back. It's probably oil based considering the age.

I imagine poly or shellac should be at least somewhat protective.

sounds like it could be nice, good luck.

--
be safe.
flip

Gluing mirror to concrete outdoors HMFIC-1369 Woodworking 2 June 26th 05 01:47 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM