Default copper water pipe underground solder connections

Greetings,

Why are you not allowed to solder copper pipe which is going to be
installed underground? I want to be very clear what question I am
asking. I am not asking for 10 responses stating that I must not
solder copper pipe to be used underground or why don't I just use a
compression fitting. I know that. I am asking why I am not suppose
to? I am not asking for the reason "because someone said so". I am
asking about the underlying reason.

Thank you very much for your time and energy,
William

Pounds on Wood

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

Why are you not allowed to solder copper pipe which is going to be
installed underground? I want to be very clear what question I am
asking. I am not asking for 10 responses stating that I must not
solder copper pipe to be used underground or why don't I just use a
compression fitting. I know that. I am asking why I am not suppose
to? I am not asking for the reason "because someone said so". I am
asking about the underlying reason.

Thank you very much for your time and energy,
William

I actually did not know that this was not allowed, I have seen it done and
even worked on them. However, if you have ever tried to solder copper below
grade you would know why it is frowned upon.

--
********
Bill Pounds

ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy

I was taught that soldered connections in contact with earth react
chemically and deteriorate as a result of an induced di-electrical reaction.
Would not bet the farm on it....

--

Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable
Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.