SQLit

Default Wheelbarrow Tire Pressure

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?'

Until it is firm. Not hard when you squeeze the tire from the side walls.

David Martel

Ultra,

Try 10-12 psi.

Dave M.

Robert Allison

Ultraglide wrote:
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

Mine are rated at 50 PSI, but I usually keep about 70-80 PSI.
It helps with cornering and braking. Plus you can get a
hell of a bounce going when you are going down a set of steps.
Watch out for those spontaneous decompressions, though.
They can put an eye out.

;-)

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
SteveB

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

I am glad you asked and didn't just go out there and do the wrong thing. So
many things must be considered:

What will be the ambient temperature?

Will you be hauling heavy or light materials?

How fast will you be going?

What kind of ground will you be covering, rough or smooth?

Does the barometric pressure in your area vary greatly?

The proper care and maintenence of wheelbarrows requiress a high caliber
spendy pressure gauge, storage in a temperature/humidity controlled
environment, proper rotation, regular air changes, and regular inspections
by a qualified expert.

But, if you are like the rest of us, you just put enough in it to make it
easy to push.

HTH

Steve ;-)

SteveB

wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:44:38 -0400, Ultraglide
wrote:

I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

Mine is 50

Years old or PSI?

Steve

George E. Cawthon

SQLit wrote:
"Ultraglide" wrote in message

I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?'

Until it is firm. Not hard when you squeeze the tire from the side walls.

Yep. Most are only 15-20 psi.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I fill it until it is hard enough to
not sag when loaded. This is not like a finely tuned race car at 185 mph
where a couple of pounds means losing control in the turns.

SteveB

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I fill it until it is hard enough to
not sag when loaded. This is not like a finely tuned race car at 185 mph
where a couple of pounds means losing control in the turns.

I can tell you don't take your wheelbarrow to the edges of its envelope

Steve

Dan C

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:23:55 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I fill it until it is hard enough to
not sag when loaded. This is not like a finely tuned race car at 185 mph
where a couple of pounds means losing control in the turns.

Speak for yourself. Some of us do indeed run high performance
wheelbarrows, and losing control in a turn with a full load of compost
onboard could be very ugly indeed.

I generally keep mine at 92.5 pounds (cold).

Linux Registered User #327951

ameijers

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
Mine is 35. I know this because I have to fill the darn thing up every

time
I use it - it has a slow leak so I always have to drag out the compressor.

Take it to a full-service tire store (one that also does farm-industrial
tires) and pay them 20 bucks to put a new tube or whatever in it. I did that
for a handtruck with leaky Chinese tubes in the tires, and it was worth the
money to watch the big tire guy fighting with those tiny rims, jumping on
them to set the beads, etc. I about bust a gut trying not to laugh. And it
hasn't leaked down in 8 years.

aem sends...

Phisherman

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:17:56 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired
a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I
fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the
pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?

Mine is 50

Years old or PSI?

Steve

Mine is 51 and 50.
Rudy

Whatever pressure makes the tire "look good" when fully loaded.

If yer hauling sawdust or garden debris, maybe 15 lbs.
A big load of rocks in a 5 CF barrow, probably 40
YMMV