Ron in NY

Default Difference between 3 Honeywell chronotherm thermostats ???

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Honeywell 8600, 8601, &
8602 series of programmable thermostats ??? On their website it gives the same
description for all 3 series. My heating system is oil hot water baseboard.

*** RON ***
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ron in NY" wrote in message
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Honeywell 8600,
8601, &
8602 series of programmable thermostats ??? On their website it gives the
same
description for all 3 series. My heating system is oil hot water
baseboard.

*** RON ***

The 8602 is a 7 day programmable. I don't know for sure on the others, but
they may be 5-1-1 or 5-2. The 7 day gives more flexibility for those that
have different weekday routines or schedules.

Seth Goodman

In article , on Tue, 24 May 2005
00:12:11 GMT, Ron in NY wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Honeywell 8600, 8601, &
8602 series of programmable thermostats ??? On their website it gives the same
description for all 3 series. My heating system is oil hot water baseboard.

Functionally, they are identical. The difference is in their power
supply - one is battery-powered, one is hard-wired, and one is power-
stealing.

Also, I believe they have been discontinued by Honeywell.

http://www.longviewweb.com/8611sel.htm

has a comparison chart. Note that I know nothing about the vendor - I
simply found them by searching Google.

--
Seth Goodman