dean

Default Can you change the water level of a toilet?

Would like to increase the depth of the water in a toilet. Is this
something that is normally adjustable? I have taken toilets off before
but never really looked at them carefully.

Thanks

Dean

tom

Only in the tank can you raise the water level, not the bowl. Tom

Hopkins

tom is right.

Calvin Henry-Cotnam

tom ) said...

Only in the tank can you raise the water level, not the bowl. Tom

Well, if you were to install the toilet on a sloped floor....

:-)

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon

Edwin Pawlowski

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Would like to increase the depth of the water in a toilet. Is this
something that is normally adjustable? I have taken toilets off before
but never really looked at them carefully.

Thanks

Dean

The bowl? No.

The tank for a better flush? Yes, you adjust the float level. Chances are
you can only get a half inch or so.

Stormin Mormon

Or put the toilet on a raised platform...

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Calvin Henry-Cotnam" wrote in message
tom ) said...

Only in the tank can you raise the water level, not the bowl. Tom

Well, if you were to install the toilet on a sloped floor....

:-)

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon
NOTE: if replying by email, remove "remove." and ".invalid"

dean

I meant the bowl, sorry for the confusion. I didn't think so, but you
never know!

Thanks

Dean

David Efflandt

On 21 May 2005 06:39:42 -0700, dean wrote:
I meant the bowl, sorry for the confusion. I didn't think so, but you
never know!

Depth of water in the bowl is controlled by toilet design and height of
the built-in trap. While you might be able to reduce the amount of water
per flush with the old bricks in the tank trick (to still give high enough
level for flush pressure, without as much volume). But reducing amount of
water in the bowl requires a different toilet.

If both toilets are the same kind, it is possible that the one with the
lower level has some sort of crack or leak in its trap, or the little hose
off the the float control is not connected the same.
tom

Hehee!