Caloric Heritage series Oven Problem

Old May 20th 05, 11:49 PM
Larry P

Default Caloric Heritage series Oven Problem

Hello

My caloric gas oven, with the flat grills on top will not fire up. The 4
grills ignite so I know the gas is getting thru. but when I turn on the oven
all i see if the bright glow device getting hot and the gas never turns on.
What could cause this to happen. what part should I look at or just replace

Thanks in advance

Larry

Old May 21st 05, 12:43 AM
Appliance Repair Aid

Larry P wrote:
Hello

My caloric gas oven, with the flat grills on top will not fire up.

The 4
grills ignite so I know the gas is getting thru. but when I turn on

the oven
all i see if the bright glow device getting hot and the gas never

turns on.
What could cause this to happen. what part should I look at or just

replace

Thanks in advance

Larry

Hi,

all i see if the bright glow device getting hot and the gas never

turns on

The hot surface ignitor CAN glow red and still be bad!!

http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#glow
How to check the HSI.

My caloric gas oven

A couple of common Caloric ignitors...