smithfarms pure kona

Default Gap in vinyl flooring

Is there any decorative or nice looking slender piece of something to
fix a gap in vinyl flooring in our bathroom? The handy man tried his
hardest and he had to use left overs from the original installation
but we have about a 1/4 (max!)inch gap between 2 pieces of our light
colored vinyl flooring in the bathroom. Or...should we, bite the
bullet, and just have it all removed and put in floor tile. We do
live in the sub-tropics so temperature is not a consideration. I know
the guy felt bad. We just had a pretty new shower put in, tiled, and
a new vanity so maybe that's why we want it to look more perfect.

Thank you very much in advance. You all are awesome! If any one
knows, you all do.

with aloha from a rainy day near the rainforest in Hawaii,
Thunders
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
No

I think you are probably out of luck.

Is the floor individual vinyl tiles or is it sheet goods?

If tiles, no suggestion beyond caulk or rip out and replace.

If sheet - Is there a pattern? If so, and if your adventuresome, you could
do the following....

Get a piece of scrap larger than the area to be fixed. For example if your
floor has simulated 6" tiles and your gap is along a simulated grout line,
cut you piece 20" wide, in the middle of the tiles. What, essentially, you
will be doing is making TWO seams out of one. Lay this wide piece over the
gap, line up the pattern, and tape it securely with tape. This piece MUST be
secure and not move. You will then take a very sharp utility knife and cut
through BOTH the new piece and the old floor at the same time, make sure you
keep blade perpendicular to floor, you do not need cut a perfectly straight
line. Make your cut along a simulated grout line or some other part of the
pattern. Once the cuts are made you then can lift up the section of the old
floor and replace it with the new piece you just made. It should line up
perfectly since it was cut at the same time.

Here are a few articles that probably explain this better than what I just
did, second link has pictures....

http://www.ehow.com/how_2419_patch-vinyl-floor.html
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_floors_l...394601,00.html

If there isn't a pattern the above may look better than a gap but it may
look like two seams instead of one. Maybe two good seams are better than one
ugly one. Your call.

-B

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote in message
[...]

smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:41:31 -0400, "No" wrote:

[...]

Hey Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will try that. I am going away for a couple of days but
will try to do as you suggested next week. It is vinyl sheets , by
the way.

Thank you so much. Yes we may be out of luck but maybe attempt this
and see what happens.

with aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
No

If it works out for ya how 'bout a sample of your coffee? How did your dog
get its name Pennsylvania? (I checked out your site)

smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:20:42 -0400, "No" wrote:

If it works out for ya how 'bout a sample of your coffee? How did

your dog
get its name Pennsylvania? (I checked out your site)

Sorry we do not give out samples. It is just my husband and me,
really, and we hope we have enough coffee to send to our appreciated
long time customers, this year. We are the farmers and the crop was
yummy but low in volume this year.

My cat Pennsylvania was named that because we got her right after
coming back from a coffee show in guess where...Pennsylvania. She
looks like a Japanese "Good Luck" cat- multi colored and sweet, and I
wanted her to have a nice respectful name.

BTW I think I am just going to rip up the crummy looking vinyl and
have tiles put in. Thanks for your advice.

with aloha,
Thunder (he is the dog)
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee