Angel

Default Patio paver installation problem

I'm using those octagonal shaped patio pavers that have a two inch
protrusion coming out from one of the eight faces. My problem is that as I
lay them I'm getting spaces up to 1/4 inch between the pavers that I cant
close. When I tap the spaces closed, they open up in the other direction.
I cant seem to have it both ways! I started the first row laying them along
a taut string so I know they are laying straight.

Does anyone know the secrets to laying these things so they all fit together
as they should?

thx/jerry

Abe

I'm using those octagonal shaped patio pavers that have a two inch
protrusion coming out from one of the eight faces. My problem is that as I
lay them I'm getting spaces up to 1/4 inch between the pavers that I cant
close. When I tap the spaces closed, they open up in the other direction.
I cant seem to have it both ways! I started the first row laying them along
a taut string so I know they are laying straight.

Does anyone know the secrets to laying these things so they all fit together
as they should?

thx/jerry

That protrusion is a spacer. You're supposed to set the pavers so that
they end up with that small space around all the pavers in the same
direction/orientation. They are not supposed to butt up tight against
each other. After laying all the pavers, the space between the pavers
is then filled with either rock dust or FINE sand.

Paver patio Matt Morgan Home Repair 5 April 4th 05 12:04 PM
Goldstar CNR-2994P Tuner problem Jerry G. Electronics Repair 4 June 21st 04 07:39 PM
Viewsonic Vertical Problem Scott Nielson Electronics Repair 6 May 15th 04 05:02 PM
Car Stereo Installation Problem Larry Electronics 0 July 29th 03 06:05 AM