Water not working in Kitchen

Old May 5th 05, 05:39 PM
[email protected]

Default Water not working in Kitchen

Okay here's my problem. The kitchen sink faucet was leaking, so I was
going to install a new one. I shut off the water valves under the sink
(or so I thought). I twisted the hot and cold water handles to make
sure I'd properly cut off the water supply to both. No water came out.
So I started unscrewing the faucet handles, and then water started
running out of the faucet for about 3-5 seconds and then stopped. I
turned the valves back on to make sure my water still worked, and no
water came out of the faucet. Not only that, but my dishwasher doesn't
work now either. The motor runs, but no water. The water still works
everywhere else in my apartment, it's just the sink and dishwasher that
don't. Can anyone help?

Old May 5th 05, 08:52 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
Okay here's my problem. The kitchen sink faucet was leaking, so I was
going to install a new one. I shut off the water valves under the sink
(or so I thought). I twisted the hot and cold water handles to make
sure I'd properly cut off the water supply to both. No water came out.
So I started unscrewing the faucet handles, and then water started
running out of the faucet for about 3-5 seconds and then stopped. I
turned the valves back on to make sure my water still worked, and no
water came out of the faucet. Not only that, but my dishwasher doesn't
work now either. The motor runs, but no water. The water still works
everywhere else in my apartment, it's just the sink and dishwasher that
don't. Can anyone help?

It is possible that the valves you closed did not open again. They may be
corroded internally after years of non-use. If they are ahead of the
dishwasher fill line, that would be shut off also. If that is the case, the
water must be shut off at the main coming in and the valves replaced.

Something to try, can you push in the handles a little bit? If so, push in
and turn the valve counterclockwise to see if it opens.

Old May 5th 05, 10:44 PM
[email protected]

Thanks for the reply. There's 3 valves, one for cold water, one for hot
water, and one for the dishwasher. I'm guessing the dishwasher one is
connected to the hot water one, because when I push in one of those,
the other moves in too. I could turn those handles fairly easy, but the
cold water handle won't turn at all. This is an old apartment building,
so I'm guessing that one is corroded. But shouldn't the hot water and
dishwasher work since I can turn those handles? Or are they somehow
connected to the cold water valve?

Old May 6th 05, 10:00 PM
borgunit

Just checking. If it is an apartment, can the landlord take care of
it?

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
AquaTherm Furnace - No Hot Water Issue David Home Repair 7 January 25th 04 07:43 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM