Default not all despot workers are idiots

Here's to the guy at the despot today that

a) opened up a new case of 20A GFCI outlets for me

b) showed me how these boxes with the flip up and down wings that snug up
against existing drywall are intended to be used (never seen em before)

c) gave me 2 feet each of 12 gauge solid copper black, white, and green wire
for free. (needed to make some pigtails) Looked both ways and said put
this in your pocket.

an older guy who even though he just happened to be walking through
electrical when I asked him for help had enough of a clue to get me what I
needed.

we're not doomed quite yet
ml
World Traveler

wrote in message
Here's to the guy at the despot today that

a) opened up a new case of 20A GFCI outlets for me

b) showed me how these boxes with the flip up and down wings that snug up
against existing drywall are intended to be used (never seen em before)

c) gave me 2 feet each of 12 gauge solid copper black, white, and green
wire
for free. (needed to make some pigtails) Looked both ways and said put
this in your pocket.

an older guy who even though he just happened to be walking through
electrical when I asked him for help had enough of a clue to get me what I
needed.

we're not doomed quite yet
ml

I guess that makes up for the young new floor worker who I asked for help in
finding a nail set.
He gave me a derisive look and said, "Sir, they don't come in sets, you have
to buy them by the pound."

True story. He wasn't there today --

Regards --

Greg G

On Fri, 06 May 2005 00:44:08 GMT, "World Traveler"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I have often wondered if the decline in what HD likes to call the
"Wisdom of the Aisles" is partially due to the surge in real estate
activity in the last few years. It seems that people have decided that
the only thing worth investing in is real estate. As a result there is
construction going on on every patch of open ground, demolition of old
houses to make room for more new ones and expansion and renovation of
existing houses.

I have always assumed that when you find an experienced tradesman
working at HD it's probably because there aren't enough construction
jobs to go around. With the boom that I see, at least around here
(NYC), fewer skilled people are looking for work at HD.

Greg Guarino
Matt

I knew that old ******* was giving stuff away.

Guess whose getting fired tomorrow?

Percival P. Cassidy

Isn't it possible that some of the people working at HD and Lowe's are
actually very knowledgeable but no longer able to work as plumbers,
carpenters, electricians, etc., because of injuries they sustained?

One guy who was (maybe still is, but I haven't seen him there lately)
working part-time in the electrical dept. at our local Lowe's is an
electrical/electronics engineer who was until a year or so ago designing
dimmable fluorescent lighting systems for an office furniture company
that has been hit by the downturn in the economy.

Perce

On 05/05/05 08:21 pm tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Here's to the guy at the despot today that

a) opened up a new case of 20A GFCI outlets for me

b) showed me how these boxes with the flip up and down wings that snug up
against existing drywall are intended to be used (never seen em before)

c) gave me 2 feet each of 12 gauge solid copper black, white, and green wire
for free. (needed to make some pigtails) Looked both ways and said put
this in your pocket.

an older guy who even though he just happened to be walking through
electrical when I asked him for help had enough of a clue to get me what I
needed.

we're not doomed quite yet

Edwin Pawlowski

"World Traveler" wrote in message
He gave me a derisive look and said, "Sir, they don't come in sets, you
have to buy them by the pound."

What a dummy. He should have know nails come in boxes.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
Isn't it possible that some of the people working at HD and Lowe's are
actually very knowledgeable but no longer able to work as plumbers,
carpenters, electricians, etc., because of injuries they sustained?

That used to be a bragging point for the store. As the number of stores
expanded, the numbers of knowledgeable help per store dwindled.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Stormin Mormon

How do you get an engineer's attention?

"HEY WAITER!!"

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
Isn't it possible that some of the people working at HD and Lowe's are
actually very knowledgeable but no longer able to work as plumbers,
carpenters, electricians, etc., because of injuries they sustained?

One guy who was (maybe still is, but I haven't seen him there lately)
working part-time in the electrical dept. at our local Lowe's is an
electrical/electronics engineer who was until a year or so ago designing
dimmable fluorescent lighting systems for an office furniture company
that has been hit by the downturn in the economy.

Perce

cm

OK heres my HD idiot story......

I was a service rep for a staple gun manufacturer servicing HD stores. I was
cleaning up our display when the employee in the tool corral brought a
customer to me with one of our staple guns in his hands. The employee states
that the gun is jammed. I said just give him a new one and I'll give the
store credit.

The employee then points the gun at his face so he can see why it's jammed.
I could see his fingers tighting around the handle to fire the gun!!!! I
said DON'T SHOOT THAT TOWARDS YOUR FACE! Well he did and he is lucky it was
jammed. He did this twice and spent 15 minutes trying to un-jam the gun. I
finally handed the customer a new gun while the HD idiot worked on the old
one.

AZCRAIG

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com