Getting birds out of attic

Old April 29th 05, 09:35 PM
Senin

Default Getting birds out of attic

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

Old April 29th 05, 10:09 PM
Mindy

Not to be comical...but you could put a cat scent or cat stuffed animal
or maybe disturbing music??? I would call the Wild Life Department. I am
sure they would be able to help you. Good Luck!!! ..Mindy

Old April 29th 05, 11:18 PM
Goedjn

On 29 Apr 2005 13:35:23 -0700, "Senin" wrote:

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

Mothballs, noise-generators, smoke, or someone's pet weasel.

Old April 29th 05, 11:29 PM
Bill Waller

On 29 Apr 2005 13:35:23 -0700, "Senin" wrote:

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

I had a similar problem with owls many years ago. I set up a couple of bright
lights in the attic for about two weeks. The constant "daylight" discouraged
them. Before I closed up the large vent that they had ripped open, I set up a
clagston (sp) horn from my junk box and made a lot of noise for a bout an hour.
When I checked, they had left the building.

I promptly put up 2x4 wire covered with 1/2" mesh and finally regular window
screening over the vent. It took a lot of work to remove the nest.

____________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Old April 29th 05, 11:37 PM
HeyBub

Senin wrote:
I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

It's spring and time for baby birds.

Birds (generally) only live near a nest when they have chicks.

Later this summer, after the little ones have gone to make a life and family
of their own, close up the hole.

Old April 30th 05, 03:27 AM
kato

"Senin" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

I'd move. Alfred Hitchcock notwithstanding.

Old April 30th 05, 03:56 AM
[email protected]

pressure washer

Old April 30th 05, 05:29 AM
Roger Taylor

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

You can construct a one-way door out of 1/2 inch galv. hardware cloth,
making a funnel shaped cone, with wires extending from the narrow end, that
would point outwards from the soffit. This allows birds to leave, but they
cannot re-enter. You can get some idea of how to make it from pics of wire
bird traps shown on Tomahawk Trap Company website - google for it. Be sure
to wait till the babies are out, and the birds may leave on their own at
that time anyway....
I've used similar construction, using fine screen, to eliminate wasps living
inside our house walls.

Old April 30th 05, 01:57 PM
The Real Tom

On 29 Apr 2005 13:35:23 -0700, "Senin" wrote:

I just found out that birds have made a home in my attic by comming
through an uncovered soffit vernt. Covering the vent is no problem,
But I want to do it with the birds out of the attic. Any ideas on how
to get the birds out? It is too small for me to walk through.

Fire and lots of it?

Seriously, get profession to setup a 1-way door and chase them out.

hth,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

Old April 30th 05, 05:25 PM
Stormin Mormon

Loud music of the brown skinned ethnic version.

Anything that give you visions of fellows with gold chains, 9mm pistols,
and crack pipes.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus