DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore dryer heating problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/104487-kenmore-dryer-heating-problem.html)

chemqueries April 25th 05 08:29 AM

Kenmore dryer heating problem

Hi. I have an older model Kenmore dryer. I think it's about ten years
old. Recently, it stopped drying/heating, but it does continue to
tumble. I've looked at a few appliance repair websites, and after
reading the trouble-shooting guides, I believe the problem is caused by
either a burned out heating element or thermal fuse. I would like to
replace the broken part, but the owner's manual was not left in the
house I live in, and I'm unable to find an exact drawing of this model
on the Internet. I've never repaired a dryer before, so I really need a
good diagram so I can find out exactly where the heating element and
thermal fuse are in this particular model. I did remove the "kick
plate" below the dryer door, and I couldn't find anything that looked
like the heating element or thermal fuse. I also removed a small
portion of the back panel which revealed the origin of the plug. I have
the model number so I can easily obtain the parts. I just don't know
where to find the broken ones inside the dryer. Can anyone help me?

[email protected] April 25th 05 08:42 AM

do a google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...e+dryer+repair

lots of good stuff to get started:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_8.asp
http://repair2000.com/dryer.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/dryers.html

[email protected] April 25th 05 09:11 AM

Electric Dryer Help Pages:

Copy & Repaste into your browser, if needed.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...421#post555421

Appliance Repair Aid April 25th 05 12:37 PM

chemqueries wrote:
[...]

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Recently, it stopped drying/heating, but it does continue to
tumble.

A copy:
Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer
from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:

- house fuse or breaker ( needs 2! )... - heating element ... - burnt
wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor
heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power
cord/plug ...

I have the model number

Share it, and then we can try to help see what style Kenmore dryer you
have.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

chemqueries April 26th 05 05:57 AM

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
chemqueries wrote:
I have the model number

Share it, and then we can try to help see what style Kenmore dryer

you
have.
jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Hi. The model number is: 86984110.

chemqueries April 26th 05 05:59 AM

wrote:
Electric Dryer Help Pages:

Copy & Repaste into your browser, if needed.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...421#post555421

Hi terafferty. Thanks very much for those links!

Appliance Repair Aid April 26th 05 01:57 PM

chemqueries wrote:
Hi. The model number is: 86984110.

G'day,

I got 110.86984110 to work for me. Heater on the floor style kenmore
built by Whirlpool.

http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html#four
Some take apart helps.

Thermal cut off on the heating element has been a common trouble
maker...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2821
Thermal cut-out (fuse) L360 and high-limit thermostat L250 kit, 1ea.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

chemqueries April 27th 05 02:50 AM

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
chemqueries wrote:
Hi. The model number is: 86984110.

G'day,
I got 110.86984110 to work for me. Heater on the floor style

kenmore built by Whirlpool.

http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html#four Some take

apart helps.

Thermal cut off on the heating element has been a common trouble
maker...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=2821
Thermal cut-out (fuse) L360 and high-limit thermostat L250 kit, 1ea.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thank you so much for your help!

Appliance Repair Aid April 27th 05 04:12 AM

chemqueries wrote:
Thank you so much for your help!

Your welcome! :)

jeff.