Washing Machine noise

Old April 23rd 05, 02:55 AM
[email protected]

Default Washing Machine noise

Hello.

I have a kitchenaid washing machine. Recently it began making a
buzzing noise before a cycle or before the spin cycle. It happens when
the water is filling into the machine.

Thinking that my fill hoses were old (approx 4 years), I replaced them.
After replacing, the noise remained.

If the noise starts, I can stop the washer and restart and the noise
will end.

The noise sounds similar to the sound you get when you release air from
a balloon (high pitched).
Any ideas?

thanks

Old April 23rd 05, 03:23 AM
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello.

Recently it began making a
buzzing noise before a cycle or before the spin cycle. It happens when
the water is filling into the machine.
If the noise starts, I can stop the washer and restart and the noise
will end.

The noise sounds similar to the sound you get when you release air from
a balloon (high pitched).
Any ideas?

Sounds like a magnetic solenoid valve. Washing machines have electronically
controlled valves that use a magnet to open them. Sometimes they buzz.
Doles it do it all the time or only on the hot/warm wash cycle? If it does
it on the cold cycle only it is probably the one controlling the cold water.

Check out www.repairclinic.com and you may find more information
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Old April 23rd 05, 01:11 PM
Appliance Repair Aid

Hello.

I have a kitchenaid washing machine. Recently it began making a
buzzing noise before a cycle or before the spin cycle. It happens

when
the water is filling into the machine.

Thinking that my fill hoses were old (approx 4 years), I replaced

them.
After replacing, the noise remained.

If the noise starts, I can stop the washer and restart and the noise
will end.

The noise sounds similar to the sound you get when you release air

from
a balloon (high pitched).
Any ideas?

thanks

Hi,

I have a kitchenaid washing machine

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

Recently it began making a
buzzing noise before a cycle or before the spin cycle. It happens

when
the water is filling into the machine.

Definetly have a listen to the area where the hot and cold hoses are
attached to the washer, if the noise is in that area the fill valve is
common for making a buzz/hummmm type of an noise.
But, there could be other trouble area's....dispensor solenoids/etc
depending on the model#/style.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Old April 23rd 05, 02:40 PM
Lost in Translation

Is it possible this could be from occasional air in the water lines? On
occasion, I'll note that I get a "spitting" sound as water is filling the
machine and I'll hear a slight buzz that goes with it but it usually goes
away on it's own before the machine is finished filling.

Old April 23rd 05, 06:59 PM
chuck

Jeff,

Thank you for the advise.

The Model number is KAWS677EQ0. The noise appears to be coming from
where the cold hose attached to the machine. I have tighnened the hose
to see if it was loose, but it did not appear to help. If I stop the
cycle and restart, the buzzing will stop.

Chuck

Old April 23rd 05, 07:47 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

"chuck" wrote in message

The Model number is KAWS677EQ0. The noise appears to be coming from
where the cold hose attached to the machine. I have tighnened the hose
to see if it was loose, but it did not appear to help. If I stop the
cycle and restart, the buzzing will stop.

Chuck

Still goes back to the solenoid valve. Could be a weak magnet, could be a
bad connection, could be a seal wearing out.

Old April 23rd 05, 08:57 PM
Appliance Repair Aid

chuck wrote:
Jeff,

Thank you for the advise.

The Model number is KAWS677EQ0. The noise appears to be coming from
where the cold hose attached to the machine. I have tighnened the

hose
to see if it was loose, but it did not appear to help. If I stop the
cycle and restart, the buzzing will stop.

Chuck

Hi,

The Model number is KAWS677EQ0

I checked the parts breakdown, found no extra/other dispensor solenoids
or such that might give us problems

The noise appears to be coming from
where the cold hose attached to the machine.

New fill valve time is likely.

Fill valve for your model...
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...05&brand=W PL

Access helps to get at the fill valve...
http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Old April 30th 05, 06:38 AM
chuck

I replaced the fill valve and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Chuck

Old April 30th 05, 12:40 PM
Appliance Repair Aid

chuck wrote:
I replaced the fill valve and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Chuck

Thankx for the update!

jeff.