zackde

Default pvc toilet flange disconnect

guys,

im about to install an offset toilet flange to make my toilet more
center to the bathroom, got some Q he

1. how to remove the old pvc flange? if its PVC cemented is there a
way to loosen it? so that ill replace it w/ my offset flange?

2. any bad experience w/ offset flange? as i see in home depot there
is a curve/elbow on it, will it affect flushing?

3. pvc 101 please, how do i join two pvc? purple primer first then
cement?

thanx

Speedy Jim

zackde wrote:

guys,

im about to install an offset toilet flange to make my toilet more
center to the bathroom, got some Q he

1. how to remove the old pvc flange? if its PVC cemented is there a
way to loosen it? so that ill replace it w/ my offset flange?

SNIP

It all depends...

Basement- saw it off and couple new pipe on.

Slab- much harder. If the pipe is glued *inside*
the flange there is a special tool to cut the pipe.
Then you need a new flange with an extended collar.

If it's buried in cement, no picnic.

Jim
zackde

thanks