Art

Default Wayne Dalton garage door spring

There was a issue posted a while back about the expense of replacing the
special internal Wayne Dalton spring and whether the whole tube has to be
replaced. I checked yesterday. The spring has a relatively wrong warranty
and even if you are over it the spring for a single size door is $50.....
about the same as a torsion spring last time I bought one.

Art

I had the spring replace today by Wayne Dalton. Includes the whole tube.
They charged $50 for the part and no charge for labor since there was an
unrelated repair on the opener 10 months ago. Nice company. The only
downside is that the newer tubes only use 1 spring for the single doors so
if that spring goes the door won't be movable. The old unit had 2 springs
so the door was movable but heavy with only 1 broken spring.

All parts have a long warranty but the spring may only be guaranteed 1 year
when you start reading it closely. According to WD they are usually good
for 10000 cycles.

link.net...