Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator -- terrible smell!

Desperate! For over a month there has been a terrible smell coming from the refrigerator AND the freezer!!!

Frig. is a medium-end Whirlpool w/top freezer, about 6-7 years old.

I took EVERY item out of the frig, smelled it (nothing) washed the entire frig. section. Did the same with the freezer - where the smell, oddly enough, seems STRONGER! No change; smell still there.

IMPORTANT: When I was cleaning out the freezer, the blast of air SEEMED to be carrying the odor. By now, I am so crazy that I'm not even sure of THAT!

I asked a handyman who was doing some work for me to smell the frig/freezer. Asked him whether an animal could have crawled behind and died. He sensibly replied that if that were the case, the whole kitchen would smell.

So has something gotten into the ?? lines ??? that cool the frig/freezer?

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2013 9:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

Did anything spill andget down onto the evaporator coil? Under the drawers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:22:46 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

OMG Never thought of either!!! I have a brush for the coil, but -- my bad -- never got around to cleaning it.

eHow says:

AppliancePartsPros.com/Parts
How to Drain the Pan

Open the refrigerator door. Pull the base grille off the unit by grabbing it from the top to the bottom. Slide the defrost pan from under the unit. Empty out any water in the pan. Use a sponge or soft cloth along with a mild detergent to wash it. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it before putting it back under the unit. Put the base grille back on the unit and close the refrigerator door.
While You’re Down There

While you have the base grille and defrost pan off of your Whirlpool refrigerator, it’s a good idea to clean the condenser coils under the unit. Cleaning the coils every other month helps the refrigerator operate more efficiently, saving on energy use. Use a vacuum cleaner attachment or a soft dust cloth to clean off the dust that collects on the coils.

OK, I will do both of these & post results.

What gets me is how SUDDEN the attack was! That's why I thought a dead critter.

Seems like if some yeccch leaked from the frig into the defrost pan, it would be more gradual? Also. NOTHING in the freezer OR the frig. smelled bad.

Jumping ahead, if my amateurish efforts with the defrost pan & coil brush don't work, what can I expect to pay a refrig. service to deal with this?

TIA

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/13 8:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Desperate! For over a month there has been a terrible smell coming
from the refrigerator AND the freezer!!!

Some cut.

I've never tried this so can't say how well it works. Supposedly,
wadded up newspaper will absorb smells from refrigerators and freezers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:06:34 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Desperate! For over a month there has been a terrible smell coming from the refrigerator

Dead Rat under the fridge!

Senior Member

Higgs:

Check the ice cream in your freezer to see if it's stiff. If it's not stiff, it could be that the fridge cold control is malfunctioning, and it's not keeping the fridge as cold as it should be.

Every old fridge will smell if you unplug it and let it warm up. I really don't know if that's because of food that has been spilled in the fridge that got into places where it couldn't be cleaned up, or simply because of frost that forms in the fridge walls when it's operating and then supports the growth of mildew when it melts.

If this fridge is operating and it's stinking, then we're in uncharted territory because I've never come across that before.

If the fridge is shut off and it's stinking, the best deodorant I know of for smelly unplugged fridges is a product called "Ozium" which you can buy at any appliance parts store. You just open the fridge and freezer doors and spray a shot of Ozium into each, and then close the doors.

Other than that, my only suggestion is to take everything out of the fridge, put on some rubber gloves and clean the entire interior of the fridge with bleach straight out of the jug. Wear old clothes when doing this kind of work.

I would also take the cover in the freezer compartment off and see if there's been any food spilled so that it's sitting on the evaporator pan under the evaporator coil. If so, clean that up.

Also, see if you can remove any air vents either on the freezer floor or fresh food compartment ceiling and see if there's any spilled food in the section between the fresh food compartment and freezer.

Other than that, then I think the only other recourse would to be turn the fridge cold control to keep the fridge colder.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2013 8:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
[...]

It's possible some food got into the defrost heater and spoiled. I've
seen two different types of defrost heaters, one is the traditional
resistance heater and in our fridge there are actually halogen lamp
tubes that put out defrost heat. If some spilled milk got into the
evaporator and the soured milk is being cooked by the defrost heater,
that could be the source of the odor. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:44:14 PM UTC-7, nestork wrote:
Higgs:

Check the ice cream in your freezer to see if it's stiff. If it's not

stiff, it could be that the fridge cold control is malfunctioning, and

it's not keeping the fridge as cold as it should be.

Ice cream is stiff and all food in the freezer is frozen.

Every old fridge will smell if you unplug it and let it warm up. I

really don't know if that's because of food that has been spilled in the

fridge that got into places where it couldn't be cleaned up, or simply

because of frost that forms in the fridge walls when it's operating and

then supports the growth of mildew when it melts.

If this fridge is operating and it's stinking, then we're in uncharted

territory because I've never come across that before.

OPERATING. STINKING.

If the fridge is shut off and it's stinking, the best deodorant I know

of for smelly unplugged fridges is a product called "Ozium" which you

can buy at any appliance parts store. You just open the fridge and

freezer doors and spray a shot of Ozium into each, and then close the

doors.

NOT SHUT OFF. OPERATING OK.

Other than that, my only suggestion is to take everything out of the

fridge, put on some rubber gloves and clean the entire interior of the

fridge with bleach straight out of the jug. Wear old clothes when doing

this kind of work.

I DID THT ALREADY, AS POSTED IN ORIGINAL MESSAGE.

I would also take the cover in the freezer compartment off and see if

there's been any food spilled so that it's sitting on the evaporator pan

under the evaporator coil. If so, clean that up.

HOW GET COVER OFF? I WENT TO EHOW BUT COULDN'T FIND SPECIFIC INFO.

Also, see if you can remove any air vents either on the freezer floor or

fresh food compartment ceiling and see if there's any spilled food in

the section between the fresh food compartment and freezer.

OMG, HAVE TO SEE IF i CAN DO.

SOMEWHAT DOUBT ABOUT SPILLED FOOD..EVERYTHING IN FREEZER IS FROZEN SOLID BUT...

Other than that, then I think the only other recourse would to be turn

the fridge cold control to keep the fridge colder.

AGAIN, DESPITE MY IGNORANCE, DON'T THINK THAT WILL DO IT. EVERYTHING WAS GOING ALONG FINE UNTIL THIS SMELL STARTED FEW WEEKS AGO.

HOPE TO HELL IT ISN'T SOME CRITTER GOT IN THERE..

TX FOR HELP. WILL TRY REMOVING FREEZER PANEL.

STAY TUNED...

HB

--

nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:50:10 PM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Will try to check it out. Tx!

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/2013 12:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Milk? who drinks milk? You lose more than gaining heatlthwise drinking
milk.
Unless it is raw you milked yourself. Pasteurized milk is poison along
with sugar and salt.

Dang! I just had some ice creme. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 9/5/13 8:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Desperate! For over a month there has been a terrible smell coming
from the refrigerator AND the freezer!!!

Some cut.

I've never tried this so can't say how well it works. Supposedly,
wadded up newspaper will absorb smells from refrigerators and freezers.

Hi,
A small box of baking soda with top cut off. Make sure drain hose is not
plugged up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Milk, sugar(very difficult to digest) are very acidic food increasing
the inflamation causing pain. Since I retired from Honeywell after 30
odd years we have been
running small health food store for our own consumption and helping
others. That was back in '92. We did very well and expanded to 4 stores
covering 4 corners of the city. Now back down to one to keep it for
another 10 years we hope. We have seen sooooo many health issues coming
from drinking milk. kids ADHD, increased pain, digestion isssues, mucous
problems. Milk is big no, no for folks with any kinda breathing
difficulty. Calcium reinforced Almond or Rice drink is much better
choice. Drinking too much coffee being acidic will cause higher pain
level. Drink Korean Red Ginseng tea which has many benefits. Energy,
endurance, stamina, mental focus, blood sugar control, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My thought is that some bit of food or juice got
behind the panel in the back, where the evaporator
is. Might need to removes several screws, take the
panel from inside the freezer. Could be some thing
behind there. Be careful, the fins on the coils are
razor sharp, and can cut you badly.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/5/2013 9:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

Did anything spill and get down onto the evaporator coil? Under the
drawers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take everything out of the freezer. Inside, in the back,
is a panel that covers the evaporator. Pull several
screws, the panel comes out. My guess is that in the
drain pan (about two inches front to back, goes the width
of the freezer) there is some food that slipped in under
there. Chunk of frozen carrots, or some thing. Might
rinse this all out with some bleach dilute. The aluminum
fins are razor sharp, and cut skin very easily, DAMHIKT.

I further suggest you cut back on drive through food, and
buy a new two slice pop up toaster.

Remit $47.50 for consultation

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know this is a netpick, but I do repair refrigerators
and work on refrigeration. The evaporator is the fins and
tubes that gets cold. Typically copper and aluminum.

The black tubes that gets hot, is the condensor. The
condensor is typically near the condensate pan.
Look for more text following my initials, below.....

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/5/2013 9:34 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

CY: So, so true! They tend to grow mold, and slime. Yikk.
Pull the pan, bleach it, and wash your hands so you don't
get sick from the microbes that grow in the pan.

Did anything spill andget down onto the evaporator

coil? Under the drawers?

OMG Never thought of either!!! I have a brush for the

coil, but -- my bad -- never got around to cleaning it.

CY: Brush implies condensor.

eHow says:

AppliancePartsPros.com/Parts
How to Drain the Pan

Open the refrigerator door. Pull the base grille

off the unit by grabbing it from the top to the bottom. Slide
the defrost pan from under the unit. Empty out any water in
the pan. Use a sponge or soft cloth along with a mild detergent
to wash it. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it before putting
it back under the unit. Put the base grille back on the unit
and close the refrigerator door.
CY: And wash your hands, those pans can be full of microbes.

While You’re Down There

While you have the base grille and defrost pan off of

your Whirlpool refrigerator, it’s a good idea to clean the
condenser coils under the unit. Cleaning the coils every other
month helps the refrigerator operate more efficiently, saving
on energy use. Use a vacuum cleaner attachment or a soft dust
cloth to clean off the dust that collects on the coils.

OK, I will do both of these & post results.

CY: Cleaning the black coils with a brush and vac cleaner is
excellent idea. When you are through, use a flashlight and
make sure the fan in the back can run / is running. DAMHIKT.

What gets me is how SUDDEN the attack was! That's why I

thought a dead critter.

Seems like if some yeccch leaked from the frig into the

defrost pan, it would be more gradual? Also. NOTHING in the
freezer OR the frig. smelled bad.
CY: My guess is a chunk of food behind the backwall of the
freezer.

Jumping ahead, if my amateurish efforts with the defrost

pan & coil brush don't work, what can I expect to pay a
refrig. service to deal with this?

CY: Local guy about $150, Sears about $350.

TIA

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, please do follow up and let us know what you find.
I'm curious, as also many other readers.

As to the evaporator panel. Remove every food item from
the freezer, and also remove any shelves, ice maker, etc.

You should find five or six phillips screws that hold
the back wall of the freezer on. The heads of the
screws are typicallly painted white, and are not easy
to find.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/6/2013 12:33 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is it OK to drink the milk, sugar, and salt
separately?

I'd have some milk with my cereal, sugar on
my toast, and salt on my burger. That OK?

Somehow, I don't think a glass of milk would
taste good with sugar and salt dissolved in.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/6/2013 1:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
Milk? who drinks milk? You lose more than gaining heatlthwise drinking
milk.
Unless it is raw you milked yourself. Pasteurized milk is poison along
with sugar and salt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator -- and allergies

My family suffers from allergies. Milk, in very
very tiny ammounts. Gives me sore feet, go figure.

I'm sure the processed foods that I eat every day
are killing me. I'd be better off to eat natural.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/6/2013 3:49 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

So that's why my farts propel me upward from my chair and sound like the
steam whistle on a battleship! The extreme pressure and velocity of the
escaping flammable gas is actually quite painful to my tailpipe. O_o

ps, I stopped eating ice cream by the bowl and went to bars and ice
cream sandwiches. My visiting nurse was concerned about my 35lb weight
loss over a 2 month period and I explained that I'm doing it on purpose
to take a load off my heart and agonizingly painful joints. It's really
simple to lose weight, just pay attention to HOW MUCH YOU EAT. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/05/2013 10:58 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Milk? who drinks milk? You lose more than gaining heatlthwise drinking
milk.
Unless it is raw you milked yourself. Pasteurized milk is poison along
with sugar and salt.

While I agree with you on sugar, you are utterly wrong about milk, which
is an excellent source of both protein and calories. It is also
delicious.

Some people have trouble digesting it, I will give you that, but that is
about the only caveat (unless you believe all the FUD articles that
various crackpots put out about foods, in which case you're on your own).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Milk, sugar(very difficult to digest) are very acidic food increasing
the inflamation causing pain.

So, what's the received wisdom on citrus fruit, berries, vinegar
and other acidic foods?

Apparently the pH of milk is 6.4 to 6.8 (which is pretty close
to neutral). Why should it be more of a problem?

The pH of stomach acid is 1.5 to 3.5. You'd think that'd be
certain, swift death.

Sounds like BS to me.

Cindy Hamilton

Since I retired from Honeywell after 30
odd years we have been
running small health food store for our own consumption and helping
others. That was back in '92. We did very well and expanded to 4 stores
covering 4 corners of the city. Now back down to one to keep it for
another 10 years we hope. We have seen sooooo many health issues coming
from drinking milk. kids ADHD, increased pain, digestion isssues, mucous
problems. Milk is big no, no for folks with any kinda breathing
difficulty. Calcium reinforced Almond or Rice drink is much better
choice. Drinking too much coffee being acidic will cause higher pain
level. Drink Korean Red Ginseng tea which has many benefits. Energy,
endurance, stamina, mental focus, blood sugar control, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:22:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

Exactly. Especially in units in the 50's - 60's. Areas with high
humidity. After cleaning the pan, Mom would add about 1/3 cup of
bleach in the pan that seemed to reduce any lingering smell.

Another nasty smell came from fish, Black Mullet. Due to the mercury
content the fish would not freeze completely and eventually was able
to rot in the freezer. Folks would salt cure the fish in an wooden
barrel before they had refrigerators.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:22:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

Exactly. Especially in units in the 50's - 60's. Areas with high
humidity. After cleaning the pan, Mom would add about 1/3 cup of
bleach in the pan that seemed to reduce any lingering smell.

Another nasty smell came from fish, Black Mullet. Due to the mercury
content the fish would not freeze completely and eventually was able
to rot in the freezer. Folks would salt cure the fish in an wooden
barrel before they had refrigerators.

If someone ate a lot of the poisonous mercury containing Black Mullet,
wouldn't that person pop their top if they got too hot or angry? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 13:03:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:22:46 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you pull out the drain pan? They are easily forgotten and can get
nasty

Exactly. Especially in units in the 50's - 60's. Areas with high
humidity. After cleaning the pan, Mom would add about 1/3 cup of
bleach in the pan that seemed to reduce any lingering smell.

Another nasty smell came from fish, Black Mullet. Due to the mercury
content the fish would not freeze completely and eventually was able
to rot in the freezer. Folks would salt cure the fish in an wooden
barrel before they had refrigerators.

If someone ate a lot of the poisonous mercury containing Black Mullet,
wouldn't that person pop their top if they got too hot or angry? O_o

TDD

chuckle

I presume folks didn't know about the mercury or dangers back then. As
a kid we played with mercury from T-stats, it never harmed me (twitch,
twitch, twitch).

Silver Mullet have even a higher content of mercury.

A man in Collier County, Fl was acquitted of illegal fishing for BM.
His lawyer persuaded they jury that a mullet was a fowl. Every time
it jumped from the water, it was trying to fly!

Mullet do have a gizzard, like a chicken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

I thought it was the oil contained in fish that acted like a natural
antifreeze? O_o I like chicken in my gizzard too! ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:27:25 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Silver Mullet have even a higher content of mercury.

A man in Collier County, Fl was acquitted of illegal fishing for BM.
His lawyer persuaded they jury that a mullet was a fowl. Every time
it jumped from the water, it was trying to fly!

Mullet do have a gizzard, like a chicken.

I thought it was the oil contained in fish that acted like a natural
antifreeze? O_o I like chicken in my gizzard too! ^_^

_The Best Way to Clean a Mullet Gizzard_

"Mullet are one of the few species of fish that have gizzards (just
like chickens.) The gizzard is a little tougher than the rest of the
fish, but if you clean them like this, you’ll find they’re tender and
tasty when fried."

http://outdoorsdownsouth.com/the-best-way-to-clean-a-mullet-gizzard/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Silver Mullet have even a higher content of mercury.

A man in Collier County, Fl was acquitted of illegal fishing for BM.
His lawyer persuaded they jury that a mullet was a fowl. Every time
it jumped from the water, it was trying to fly!

Mullet do have a gizzard, like a chicken.

I thought it was the oil contained in fish that acted like a natural
antifreeze? O_o I like chicken in my gizzard too! ^_^

_The Best Way to Clean a Mullet Gizzard_

"Mullet are one of the few species of fish that have gizzards (just
like chickens.) The gizzard is a little tougher than the rest of the
fish, but if you clean them like this, you’ll find they’re tender and
tasty when fried."

http://outdoorsdownsouth.com/the-best-way-to-clean-a-mullet-gizzard/

I used to buy deep fried chicken gizzards just like the other Southern
Barbarians at the fried chicken restaurant. I haven't had any lately and
I don't know if any place like Church's Chicken sells them. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:58:36 PM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

I keep it for the gardener's weekly coffee. I also use it in cold cereal but rarely. Do not drink it as beverage.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 6, 2013 5:01:12 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Take everything out of the freezer. Inside, in the back,

is a panel that covers the evaporator. Pull several

screws, the panel comes out. My guess is that in the

drain pan (about two inches front to back, goes the width

of the freezer) there is some food that slipped in under

there. Chunk of frozen carrots, or some thing. Might

rinse this all out with some bleach dilute. The aluminum

fins are razor sharp, and cut skin very easily, DAMHIKT.

I further suggest you cut back on drive through food,

(*&*&^%#%^**(+!!!! ME?! Never touch the stuff! Wish kids didn't either, drinking those awful fizzy sugared drinks that wreck the body, especially girls.

buy a new two slice pop up toaster.

I have a 4-slice toaster of which 2 slices are working. Will that do it? g

Remit $47.50 for consultation

Bill me g

[...]

I suspect it will turn out that way. When I pulled everything out of the freezer to clean it, I could feel the smell coming from the blast of air entering the freezer.

Now what do YOU mean by freezer pan? Another kind poster suggested I pull out & clean the drip pan from the bottom of the frig. Are there TWO pans??

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:

[...]

OMG - a trip down Memory Lane! As a child, I played with mercury from a broken thermometer??!! Who knew??!!!

knock on wood (bangs head) appear not to have suffered consequences but writing this lower case just in case the jealous gods are tapping our internet half as successfully as the nsa..

HB

[...]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 15:45:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

_The Best Way to Clean a Mullet Gizzard_

"Mullet are one of the few species of fish that have gizzards (just
like chickens.) The gizzard is a little tougher than the rest of the
fish, but if you clean them like this, you’ll find they’re tender and
tasty when fried."

http://outdoorsdownsouth.com/the-best-way-to-clean-a-mullet-gizzard/

I used to buy deep fried chicken gizzards just like the other Southern
Barbarians at the fried chicken restaurant. I haven't had any lately and
I don't know if any place like Church's Chicken sells them. O_o

I married a Yankee girl (27 years ago). She will not eat liver and
onions. But, then she loves fried scrapple.

If she only knew the scrap pieces of a hog that goes into scrapple.

Every thing but the squeal ...

I prefer bacon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

Who is "you"?

Unless it is raw you milked yourself. Pasteurized milk is poison along
with sugar and salt.

Dang! I just had some ice creme. O_o

TDD

Hi,
Milk, sugar(very difficult to digest)

Well, if they are difficult to digest, that means I get some exercise
without even leaving the dinner table, and for several hours after
that, my body gets a work-out. So I get that without even trying.
I'm glad.

are very acidic food increasing
the inflamation causing pain.

But doesn't that only apply to people who have pain? I certainly
don't, or anyone in my family.

Since I retired from Honeywell after 30
odd years we have been
running small health food store for our own consumption and helping
others. That was back in '92. We did very well and expanded to 4 stores
covering 4 corners of the city. Now back down to one to keep it for
another 10 years we hope. We have seen sooooo many health issues coming
from drinking milk. kids ADHD, increased pain, digestion isssues, mucous
problems. Milk is big no, no for folks with any kinda breathing
difficulty.

No one in my family has that.

Calcium reinforced Almond or Rice drink is much better
choice. Drinking too much coffee being acidic will cause higher pain
level. Drink Korean Red Ginseng tea which has many benefits. Energy,
endurance, stamina, mental focus, blood sugar control, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/2013 6:27 PM, Oren wrote:

I married a Yankee girl (27 years ago). She will not eat liver and
onions. But, then she loves fried scrapple.

If she only knew the scrap pieces of a hog that goes into scrapple.

Every thing but the squeal ...

I can top that. I despise liver but enjoy both scrapple and liverwurst.

I prefer bacon.

We rotate bacon,sausage, scrapple. ham. Spam, hash, but bacon is still
about 50% of the mix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Metallic mercury isn't all that dangerous. It's the organic mercury
compounds that are toxic as all hell. The problem with kids today is
that the 1) need warning labels on everything and 2) are too stupid to
read warning labels. Thank you Teachers' Unions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

And government schools. Where you get
the wrong answer, but feel really
good about it.

The expression "mad as a hatter" was
based in truth. They used mercury vapor.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/7/2013 8:05 PM, wrote:

I presume folks didn't know about the mercury or dangers back then. As
a kid we played with mercury from T-stats, it never harmed me (twitch,
twitch, twitch).

Metallic mercury isn't all that dangerous. It's the organic mercury
compounds that are toxic as all hell. The problem with kids today is
that the 1) need warning labels on everything and 2) are too stupid to
read warning labels. Thank you Teachers' Unions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 20:18:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

And government schools. Where you get
the wrong answer, but feel really
good about it.

The expression "mad as a hatter" was
based in truth. They used mercury vapor.

The issue wasn't metallic mercury, though. Metallic mercury has a
very low vapor pressure at room temperature and isn't all that
dangerous.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:

[...]

The ones you SHOULD be thanking are the lawyers hired by manufacturers to spell out every fracking potential danger posed by a product just in case some [uncomplimentary noun] gets injured. Look at those caveats some time. Unbelievable! They are covering their a$$ets from here to eternity.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 9/6/2013 12:09 PM, Oren wrote:

[...]

All the lawyers in the world would be powerless if the lefty sheep
weren't so damned dumb. No, it starts with the schools and that means
teachers (and by extension, the unions).

"The essential questions a Who teaches the children and what
do we teach them." --Plato
Posted to alt.home.repair,free.usenet,free.spirit

Naïve retard...

From: Tony Hwang dragon40 shaw.ca