Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Junior Member

Default New Brick Wall

My new neighbour has torn down his wooden fence and built a brick wall in its place.

He has moved the location by 100mm thus reducing my already narrow drive width so that we can barely get past our car when it is on the drive.

A boundary wall expert has said the neighbour is in the wrong but he maintains he isn't.

I've had a look at the 'Boundary Wall Act 1996 Booklet' and it seems that there is no way to get him to move it without going to Court.

The local council Building Regs. Dept. have seen a photo and agree the wall is in the wrong place but because I am a private owner they can't get involved.

Any advice or similar situations?
Speedy Jim

WALKERMAN wrote:
My new neighbour has torn down his wooden fence and built a brick wall
in its place.

He has moved the location by 100mm thus reducing my already narrow
drive width so that we can barely get past our car when it is on the
drive.

A boundary wall expert has said the neighbour is in the wrong but he
maintains he isn't.

I've had a look at the 'Boundary Wall Act 1996 Booklet' and it seems
that there is no way to get him to move it without going to Court.

The local council Building Regs. Dept. have seen a photo and agree the
wall is in the wrong place but because I am a private owner they can't
get involved.

Any advice or similar situations?

Suggest post to this group:
UK.D-I-Y

Jim

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:46:02 +0000, someone wrote:

I've had a look at the 'Boundary Wall Act 1996 Booklet' and it seems
that there is no way to get him to move it without going to Court.

Well, that's what court is for. How else do you make someone (without
breaking the law yourself) do something that will cost them money, and
that they don't want to do? What did you expect, "write him a letter
saying ____ and he will surely move it"????

plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 9th 04 12:13 AM
Old Brick Wall to Paint White [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 4th 03 04:18 AM
making hole in wall of brick house j j Home Repair 3 November 12th 03 04:09 AM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 03:12 PM
Building an internal wall - brick or stud? steve UK diy 6 July 24th 03 10:40 AM