Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

jozep7075

Default circuit breaker trips

I have a circuit breaker that constantly trips.It trips whether I have
things turned or off.Does the breaker need replacing or is it a problem
in the wiring in the house?

Mike

List the items that are powered through this breaker. If everything is
off and your breaker trips there is something seriously wrong.

One time this was happening to me and I found out I didnt have
everything powered off (ie the AC) so I went to check the AC unit and
when the breaker was flipped there was a big arc of electricity inside
the AC unit. Had to have some work done on it.

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
jozep7075 wrote:
I have a circuit breaker that constantly trips.It trips whether I have
things turned or off.Does the breaker need replacing or is it a problem
in the wiring in the house?

Could be either. Breakers are cheap. Replace it and see if the problem
remains. If yes, its wireing and you have a spare breaker.

Gary Dyrkacz

I had a case of a bad GFIC breaker. When we had thunderstorms it
would tend to kick out. At first I wasn't sure what was happening.
The problem continually got worse until just about any lightning would
set the breaker off. I replaced the breaker and have had no problems
since.

On 13 Jan 2005 14:31:03 -0800, "Mike" wrote:

List the items that are powered through this breaker. If everything is
off and your breaker trips there is something seriously wrong.

One time this was happening to me and I found out I didnt have
everything powered off (ie the AC) so I went to check the AC unit and
when the breaker was flipped there was a big arc of electricity inside
the AC unit. Had to have some work done on it.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/

On 13 Jan 2005 14:27:14 -0800, someone wrote:

.Does the breaker need replacing or is it a problem
in the wiring in the house?

Yes.