Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Monica

Default Bosch Nexxt is tearing my house down!

I bought a Nexxt Washing machine for my new house. When I ran the
first load, I thought that a MED-FLIGHT chopper was landing on our
roof. We moved in 4 months ago, and I swear that it is tearing my
house down. The vibrations created during the spin cycle disintegrated
the hard rubber caps off of the washer's feet, chewed holes in the
flooring and now seems to be shaking the house so badly that I can see
the drywall mud cracking on the corner beads.

So a month ago, I got out the manual, ordered new feet, and decided
that I needed to get some 3/4 inch plywood and screw it into the joists
supporting the washer. Not a pretty fix, but I was being practical. I
leveled it again just to be certain and IT IS STILL SHAKING LIKE CRAZY.

I'm having a terrible case of buyers remorse for this very expensive
appliance. I have three boys and plenty of laundry every day. I'm
constantly pulling out my spirit level and trying to adjust the feet.
I really don't think that is the problem. But I'm tired of feeling
helpless. I got it at LOWE's and they really don't want to be bothered
with me (and they installed it too). I think front loaders should only
be bought for concrete floor applications unfortunatly.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I go about remedying this problem?
I'm ready to chuck it for an el-cheapo!

Monica

Chip C

Monica wrote:
[...]

Forget the retailer, call for service under the manufacturer's
warranty. They get a lot of calls about vibration and may make you go
through some levelling song-and-dance before sending a tech out, so
persevere. Be prepared to demonstrate the problem for the tech.

Maybe it's a combination of installation problems but my guess is
something's wrong inside the unit.

Chip C
Toronto

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 24th 04 12:50 AM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 01:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 05:31 AM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 03:50 AM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 30th 03 12:51 AM