Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Best place to buy wood front door?

Your front door is the face of your home - adds so much curb appeal if
you're thinking of selling down the road. I'm a realtor and one of the
first suggestions I make to a seller/client is to improve curb appeal
to get top dollar - often starting with front door.

On 26 Dec 2004 17:56:28 -0800, someone wrote:

I'm a realtor and one of the
first suggestions I make to a seller/client is to improve curb appeal
to get top dollar - often starting with front door.

Unless the existing door is actually defective, I find it hard to
believe that the cost of tearing out and then re-installing a working
door would really yield a net profit.

Of course anything that makes the house sell helps the realtor get his
or her commission. But did it, net, really help the owner? Spend a
dollar to get 50 cents but its not the realtor's dollar.

A good broker is a good broker, but just because somebody is a
"Realtor"? There are millions of 'em and they aren't all good.

-v.