Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Iluv

Default PUR water filter any good?

I am looking into a water filter for my kitchen faucet. This was shown
at HOme Depot. It seemed to me like the simplest solution w/o having
to do much installation compared to the Reverse Osmosis(G.E's product)
which i liked also. The cost was minimal too. Has anyone used the PUR
ultimate water faucet filter? Would you recommend it after your
experiences? Thanks.
me

"Iluv" wrote in message
m...
I am looking into a water filter for my kitchen faucet. This was shown
at HOme Depot. It seemed to me like the simplest solution w/o having
to do much installation compared to the Reverse Osmosis(G.E's product)
which i liked also. The cost was minimal too. Has anyone used the PUR
ultimate water faucet filter? Would you recommend it after your
experiences? Thanks.

I've tried PUR and Brita.. we stopped using both. I suppose they do a great
job of purifying the water, but there was no difference taste-wise.
Also, you have a choice with each setup of moving a knob back and forth for
either filtered or regular tap water.. the side with the filtered water
comes out quickly thru a smaller opening, and the water tends to spray
outward a bit. Not a lot, but enough to get the front of your shirt slightly
damp.
We did the initial run of leaving the water running, thru the filter, for a
minimum of five minutes, but the water still had tiny white specks in it
when we removed each one, a month or so after we put it on.
At first I thought it was the plastic tumblers we were using, then I
switched to a clear drinking glass.. then I thought maybe it was Cascade
residue, so I handwashed a glass, rinsed thoroughly, and then filled it with
the filtered water, and saw the same very tiny white specks in the water.
So we said screw it and went back to drinking regular tap water. No tiny
white specks, and tastes the same.. and we're not out the money for
replacement filters.
The only suggestion I can think of for you is to purchase it at Walmart, or
some other discount type store that has a lenient return policy in case the
same happens for you.
Good luck...
lucy