Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Default Worst experience having a new front entry door installed

For anybody living in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, if you are shopping
doors or Widnows, stay far away from Windoor World...

I just when through the worst experience I have ever had with dealing
with someone perfomring a service for me.

They turn out to have the worst custoimer service I have ever dealt
with. There are too many problems to list, but the basic comment was
it took 3 installation schedule attempts before they did the job, and
then still they didn't do what they promised. I had to do a couple of
things to finish out the work, which was a Front Entry Door Install.

I have reported them to the BBB and I will be sending them a letter
telling the upper management of the company my disappointment in their
over all work, where there awere problems in all phases.

I'm posting this to hopefully prevent a future cusumer rfom having to
go through the same pain and fristration working with this company.

I actually wrote a long 3 page letter and sent a copy to them and the
BBB, but never heard a word from them. I initially didn't post the
problems because there were so many.

Here is a few:

1. First install date, door delivered with the incorrect frame size.
Original salesmen didn't measure it correctly
2. Second install date, they were a no show
3. Third install date, they didn't paint the outside frame like they
had stated they would. Then totally denied they ever promised to do
so. I just ended up doing that myself.
4. The so called customer service person NEVER answered her phone when
I called. I left messages at least 5 different times and she claimed
she never received any of the messages. Either she is not telling the
truth or they have a BAD voice mail system.
5. The salesman AND installer total missed the security installed in
the door. Of course, I missed this also. But that installer total
removed the old frame and he had to see the security wiring at that
point and he very mentioned about the need to reinstalling the
security pads. Of course, I found out later that night that I could
set the security because the system thought the front door was opened.

After the fact after I did the frame painting and installed the
hardware, all is good. The door itself looks great, I just wish they
would have done more of a professional job

Brigitte

wrote in message

. ..
[...]

I'm curious what the BBB told you about the door installers before they gave
you the poor service

Brigitte