Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

MoonsOfJupiter

Default Frigidaire Oven lock stuck

I have a Frigidaire Electric Range FEF365BGWC. It came with the house two
years ago and we were told it was two years old then. (So its 4yo.)

While cooking today, after one hour at 375 degrees I opened the door to
check the food. I closed the door and left the kitchen. Nobody else is in
the house.

When I returned 30 minutes later to give another stir, I noticed the
temperature was much cooler. Checking the display, the bake light was out
and the time of day was displayed. Also the LOCK light was blinking green.

I checked the lock and, with the door open, the lock latch was in the locked
position, preventing the door from shutting.

Pressing any cooking button on the control panel shows a "dr" on the display
(presumably meaning the door is open/broken).

The oven has completely cooled now, but the lock is still stuck.

I've cut the power at the breaker, several times, for up to 30 minutes, but
the lock stays stuck.

Is the motor/solenoid shot?

Can I buy a new oven now?

:O:
wd

MoonsOfJupiter

"MoonsOfJupiter" wrote in message
[...]

While holding the light switch button with the door open, I pressed the
clean button on the control panel and the latch retracted.

Thanks to Jeff and Magrove!

:O:
wd