Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

jameson

Default How to clean dirt off of my brick house?

Hi all!
I am new to this group. Last month my wife and I would have lived in
our first home for one year! We love it!
When we bought the house, it did not have gutters... today it has
gutters all the way around and I am very excited! I also removed all
the 'standard' bushed from the front of the house in the hopes that it
would encourage me to redo the front lawn garden (didnt work), but
what it did do was reveal about a foot-and-a-half of a dirt-colored
film on the lower part of the brick work of my house... I am assuming
this is due to the fact that it hasnt had gutters for 8 years (it is a
9 year old house) and when the water ran off the roof, the mud
splashed onto the brick work.

I have an electrical pressure washer that I typically just use to
clean the car... spraying it full blast on the dirty bricks made
almost no noticable difference...

deperate, I took a 50-50 solution of bleach and water in a spray
bottle and sprayed about a foot-by-foot area that is slightly hidden.
I let it sit about 5 minutes then washed it off with the pressure
washer...
The results were, well, so-so... the brick was clean of the dirt, but
left a slightly blue-ish tint to the area I had bleached...

I love my home and working on it, but I am a newbie to the core when
it comes to home fix-it-ups. Any help? I just want the dirt color gone
off my brick!
thanks in advance!
Jazz Mann