Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

wkearney99

Default Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears

You listened to what /the salesman/ had to say? Well, that was your first
mistake. They're often too dumb to actually know enough of the truth to even
begin to lie about it.

Given the infrequency one would need on cleaning something that large it's
really not unreasonable to use a laundromat or cleaner instead. Cleaning a
bedspread or duvet cover is one thing. But cleaning a comforter in a
residential washer isn't terribly realistic.

Let's say the cleaner charges you $20 each time to clean it. And you get it
cleaned once a month. That $1200 would get you FIVE YEARS worth of this
service. But for regular washing the Neptune's supposedly going to save
$150/year in energy/water costs (averaged). That $750 should go a long way
toward having the comforters cleaned professionally. Either that or get some
easy to clean covers for them.

But honestly, perhaps it's just punishment for having been crazy enough to spend
that much for a washing machine.