Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Kitchen: Maple Cabinets, Read Oak floor--what color granite??

Old September 26th 03, 09:44 PM
Wood master

Default Kitchen: Maple Cabinets, Read Oak floor--what color granite??

Hi Adam,
I would consider a gold ubatuba granite or A Silestone Color.... I
have designing and building cabinets for 25 years.. And these are
really popular.. I would highly recommend The Silestone VS granite.
This is what I have in my home... Unlike granite it is scratch
resistant. You do not have to seal it like you do with granite. I s
wonderful... Hope this Helps....

Beau Stevens

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:03:56 GMT, Monika Adamczyk
wrote:

Adam Finkelstein wrote:

Greetings!
I'm redoing my galley kitchen. I've chosen simple natural Maple Shaker
design cabinets and I have existing Red Oak flooring covered with clear
satin urethane. Both woods show their beauty without any enhancement.

I am concerned with what color granite to go with: I have Rosa Beta and
Black Galaxy as two potentials. They both go, and are both completely
different. Greens haven't looked good. Neither have browns. Are they any
other grey's or light colors or blacks anyone has tried with these
cabinet/floor combinations?

I remodeled a galley kitchen this spring and also had maple cabinets.
However my original floor was vinyl, so I put tiles instead and solid
surface countertops. They are both dark blue. Walls are painted into a
off white/dirty pink color. The whole combination looks really great.
In your case where you already have natural wood cabinets and floors, I
would definitively go with a contrasting color for countertops although
I am not sure black would be my choice.

Monika

Old October 3rd 03, 09:18 PM
patrick.goff

With my maple cabinets and reddish oak floor I used a marble called
venetian gold. It looks stunning.Walls are a painted honey colour,
with tiling in gingerand pale grey brown. The whole is harmonious,
sunny and light. I can't wait to get the patio doors into the garden
finish and then get dow to some serious cooking.