DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pur vs Brita systems? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/306029-pur-vs-brita-systems.html)

[email protected] July 6th 10 06:56 PM

Pur vs Brita systems?

Looking to buy a water filter pitcher for home use....
for one person.

Cant seem to find any definitive reviews on Pur vs
Brita.

Any advice out there?

GregS[_3_] July 8th 10 04:23 PM

Pur vs Brita systems?

In article , wrote:
Looking to buy a water filter pitcher for home use....
for one person.

Cant seem to find any definitive reviews on Pur vs
Brita.

Any advice out there?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5588394_pur-vs_-brita.html

http://community.stretcher.com/forums/p/8694/88410.aspx

http://www.water.info/home.comparefi...PUR-Brita.html

http://www.water.info/home.comparefi...PUR-Brita.html

http://www.spudart.org/blogs/randomt...A4569_0_3_0_C/

I want to install another spigot on the kitchen sink with filtered cold water
myself. i want full flow normally.

Andrew Barss July 20th 10 04:51 AM

Pur vs Brita systems?

wrote:
: Looking to buy a water filter pitcher for home use....
: for one person.

: Cant seem to find any definitive reviews on Pur vs
: Brita.

: Any advice out there?

I'd vote for neither. Get an under-counter (under-sink) 2-stage filter.
Better water flow, and it's cheaper in the long run (much cheaper).

-- Andy Barss

[email protected] July 20th 10 04:43 PM

Pur vs Brita systems?

Andrew Barss wrote:

I'd vote for neither. Get an under-counter (under-sink) 2-stage filter.
Better water flow, and it's cheaper in the long run (much cheaper).

I rent my apartment

Can I EASILY install the above myself?

And can it EASILY be taken with me when I move

I move a lot as I am a student

GregS[_3_] July 20th 10 04:49 PM

Pur vs Brita systems?

In article , wrote:
Andrew Barss wrote:

I'd vote for neither. Get an under-counter (under-sink) 2-stage filter.
Better water flow, and it's cheaper in the long run (much cheaper).

I rent my apartment

Can I EASILY install the above myself?

And can it EASILY be taken with me when I move

I move a lot as I am a student

You could use hoses fittings and take it away.

I want an under sink filter on a separate cold tap just for that purpose.
I need to cut another hole in my sink !!!

[email protected] July 26th 10 04:47 PM

Pur vs Brita systems?

Second question....

Can either the Pur or Brita filters be RECYCLED when
spent?