Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Window Film

Would like to purchase and install some window film so that I might be able
to lower my air conditioning usage.
I've done some research online and some sites recommend spectral selective
films with a Luminous Efficacy Constant over 1.0. Other sites recommend
films with a Light-to-Solar-Gain ratio exceeding 1.0. (I have no idea
whether LEC and LSG are the same thing...)

I went to the local Lowe's and Home Depot stores but they only carry Gila
Films products and none of them has any specs on the boxes. Are there any
online sites that sell window films and post specs for their products?
--
Tiziano

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article , "Tiziano" wrote:
Would like to purchase and install some window film so that I might be able
to lower my air conditioning usage.
I've done some research online and some sites recommend spectral selective
films with a Luminous Efficacy Constant over 1.0. Other sites recommend
films with a Light-to-Solar-Gain ratio exceeding 1.0. (I have no idea
whether LEC and LSG are the same thing...)

I went to the local Lowe's and Home Depot stores but they only carry Gila
Films products and none of them has any specs on the boxes. Are there any
online sites that sell window films and post specs for their products?

There was a time when most all car window films had the reflective coating
which is what you want. There was an add a while back HERE for a type
of film. Just search.

greg